When a Bride needs a Shower

I mean, sure, Tio Adam and Tia Alayanh have been married for almost 5 months now, it's probably time to talk about her bridal shower. Don't you think?

Julie and I had the best time throwing a bridal shower for Alaynah. Like when my mom and I threw Laura a baby shower the month before (read HERE), Julie and I have different tastes and idea so the results turned out perfect (if I say so myself).

We served virgin Miami vices that tasted even better than they look. Which is saying a lot because I mean... Come on! How good do these look?!
 Julianna and I did the chocolate cover strawberries. Boy do I wish I had some right now!
 For the main dish we served chicken salad sandwiches. Penny McEntire made the chicken salad and we filled the croissants right before the party so they wouldn't get soggy. (SIDE NOTE: I am currently writing this post during fast Sunday... not a good thing)
 Our main focus of the shower was for everyone to get to know Alaynah better so we only had one game all about Alaynah, how well she knew the Keeles, and Adam and Alaynah as a couple. Everyone would take turns picking a question from the board and asking Alaynah. If she got it wrong, the person who asked the question would get a ticket; if she got it right, she would get the ticket. We had a drawing for prices at the end, including Swig gift cards and movie passes.
 In one of the categories, we wanted to see if Alaynah's answers would match Adam's so we had previously asked him and recorded his answers. It was scary how well she did in this category! Seriously the answers were word-for-word the same! She swore up and down Adam hadn't told her what he had said....but.... it was really hard to believe her. It was that crazy good.
 
 Not going to lie... I was a little jealous of all the presents she got. Mainly because everything was new. Everything was so shiny. I had forgotten how silver pans are supposed to look 😜
 Alaynah and her mom
Like I said before this was so much fun plan and we were so happy with how it turned out. Thanks to everyone who came. Welcome to the family Tia Alaynah (don't worry, I actually said this 5 months ago too)

Comments

Popular Posts