Mother's Day and St. George

Sorry this post is a little delayed. I have been super busy with my new job. By the time I get home I just feel like my brain is fried. That being said, I love my new job! it is so nice to be able to fix people's problems and be able to help them. One of my biggest worries going over to customer service was that I would have a ton of people mad all the time and so far that has not happened. While I have had the two rudest people I have ever dealt with the whole time I have been at Nature's Sunshine (and on the same day no less), for the most part, people have been really nice.

Moving on...

Happy Mother's Day all you pretty Mommies!

I had a super fun Mother's Day. It all started with waking up to this


How sweet is my husband? Now I am not going to go through the list of all the presents and make my everyone all jealous, but I will share my two favorites.

The First is that book that you can just make out behind the kit kats. It is a picture book about our vacation in January. Spencer did such an amazing job! It is incredibly well put together. It really blew me away.


My second favorite were these super kick-A awesome Transformer glasses.



I have been using them every single day. Depends on what I am eating I'll deem the food either and Autobot or a Decepticon (don't worry, I know I'm crazy so that makes it okay)

Grandma and Grandpa Swenson gave me the present of staying home with the Little Guy during Sacrament Metting so that I could enjoy it. As if it couldn't get any better, the Young Women in the ward took over all the primary callings (including nursery) so that all the Relief Society could enjoy a WONDERFUL (seriously spectacular) lesson.

After a quick nap with Shark Tale playing (one of my presents). We drove up to Tia Diana's house for a really fun dinner with my family. It had been a long time since the two boys and me could make it up to see everyone at once (I think since September) and I had sure missed it. Not to mention the food was really good ;)

We made it back to Orem right on time to be able to visit Julie who was visiting Grandma so we got to see everyone on Mother's Day (with not that much effort on our part)

Sorry there are next to no pictures, I was taking the day off after all

It was then once again time for Classic Rock Night! Keelebasa rocked it! (seriously, it was my favorite they have ever played) of course blogger is being a poopy pants and not letting me update the videos. YouTube, however, came through, but with only one of the videos.

Here is Good Loving by The Rascals


The Little Guy tagged along to the last Classic Rock Night. Usually I don't like to bring him because it is so loud in there, but he loves it so much! I compromised with him and he had to stay outside in the lobby until Keelebasa actually played. I wish I could have recorded him while he watched them play. He was just mesmerized and everyone could here him over the crowed clapping and cheering at the end. Spencer gave him a pair of drumsticks to keep him entertained  while we waited for their turn. It really amazes me how musically talented he is. He is definitely a future drummer. (try not to pay attention to all the bad playing going on in the background. They are the only band that I can actually say I HATE when they play!)



And here is a random picture... like father like son right? (notice Spencer shoes? Those are his cutting the grass shoes. Yeah, he is totally that Dad that has shoes specifically for mowing)


We spend Memorial Day weekend in St. George for some much needed R&R. It was so much fun! We just did what we wanted, when we wanted. The Little Guy got spoiled by everyone  and I even got a nap in... a really good time! I actually did not take as many pictures as I should have, vacation laziness hit me pretty hard.

Spencer and I got to go to the Temple on Saturday morning, it was packed, but we were super lucky and barely got into the session. After the Temple we went home and changed and then hit up my favorite burger place ever (seriously EVER!!!!) it's called The Habit and it a a franchise from Santa Barbara (you can read my love for it on our trip to California HERE) It is seriously so good! I can't even look at this picture without having my month water.


When the Little Guy slept... we all slept



The splash pad on Town Square is so much fun! the Little had such had such a blast. Sometimes I can't even believe he is my child, he is so daring and just goes to the water like they are old friends.









As by the evidence in the video below, we finally had to take him away because she was shaking from the cold. Although, we 




That night we went and got Sub Zero Ice cream. It was the first time any of us had tried it and we all really liked it. The Little Guy was fascinated with the smoke coming off from the liquid nitrogen. 




Sunday was another day to take nice and easy (if you haven't notice, this was the theme of the whole trip). Spencer and I took the sacrament at a nearby ward and then came back for sandwiches and a roller coaster game of Phase 10. Spencer had a come-from-last-place win.



The original plan was to go up to Snowbird Canyon and the reservoir up there, but after the huge success the splash pad have been with the Little Guy the day before, we decided to go back instead of having to drive the 40 minutes,

I made sure that  the Little Guy had one thing planted into his brain: if he took his hat off, he couldn't play anymore and it worked. He even dropped his hat while he was walking but was really quick to pick it up and try to put it back on his head. Yes, I am that kind of mom, but have you seen my son's translucent white skin?













One of the greatest things is that there is so much shade around so parents can be close to their kids but not fry in the process.

Of course the Little Guy crashed as soon as we got home. Spencer and Mark took the opportunity to teach me how to play poker. Spencer first taught me five card but then Mark came and taught us both Texas hold them. It was so much fun. I liked Texas Hold Them the best. We had to make a rule that you could only bet five chips at a time because every time someone went all in a lost we had to stop and separate all the chips again.


The it was time for a delicious dinner or roast beef and mashed potatoes. Yum


The Little guy was pretty grumpy when he woke up but all that once forgotten once we took him to the park to play





I have a video of him going down the slide all by himself but Blogger will just not let me upload it.

All in all, it was such a fun weekend. Spencer's words "let's not wait until the next Memorial Day to do it again"

Comments

  1. That was such a fun trip! Thanks for suggesting that we go!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HZ0Fb4O2yE there's the link to the over video

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts