Let's go to the Beach, each, let's go get a wave

I think there is only one way to summarize our time at the beach... it the FREAKING BEACH!!!!

We left around eleven on Monday and dove about 25 minutes to Huntington Beach. Since it was Martin Luther King Day (and a super nice day) it was pretty busy, but that made it all the better because I meant we also got to take in some people watching (which is Julie's favorite). I have to be honest and admit that my self-esteem took several hits that day. I don't know what it is, but people are just beautiful in California and let's just say that you could really tell we were tourists.

As it turns out, the Little Guys LOVES the actual beach, but did not like the water at all. He sat in the sand and just played by himself (or with whoever wanted to play with him) the entire time we were there without so much as a peep (except for the loud scream and follow-up crying after I put his feet in water)



The best in-laws anyone has ever had!


The water was pretty cold, (it was winter after all) but that didn't stop the guys from enjoying it...




...and then laying out to dry



and then they decided to dig holes (Side note: all the beach toys, chairs, towels, and bogie-board where in the condo. We didn't have to bring anything)


This is Adam just laying in the sand


WRONG... he is actually digging a really deep hole


Spencer won though

Complete with a side tunnel



As we were getting ready to go, I changed the Little Guy and put him in the stroller so that he wouldn't get all Sandy again. I just had to take this picture since the Mickey Mouse ears on the back are perfectly set on his head


Since Mark and Julie took Julianna to Disneyland on Friday (read about that on the Disney post) we got an extra day at the beach. Adam decided he didn't want to go so it was just Spencer, Nathan, the Little Guy and me. We stared by going to lunch a bugger place called The Habit. DELICIOUS! In fact, it is my new favorite burger. The best part... it is a franchise! And there happens to be one in St. George (YUM!)


It was a lot colder at the beach on Friday so we didn't get in the water a lot.



The boys looked for cool shells (and they found some good ones)


While the Little Guy and I played in the sand... okay, he played in the sand, I read a magazine and enjoyed the view :) how perfect is that?





There was a Farmer's Market on the parking lot of the beach, so we spent some time walking around. We didn't have a lot of time because our parking was up and we had to get back for dinner so I didn't get pictures. They had such pretty things, but we had no cash (it's a good thing, I guess, since I probably would have bought way too much)

I love the beach so much! I just find such peach there. I want to move to California for the beach alone.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts