Month Update: August

You know when you don't really have enough laundry for two loads but way too much for one load so you stuff everything in the machine and hope it gets cleaned? Well that is what is happening with this post. We did so many thing in August and I had a bunch of small posts planned but in the end decided to go with one big one. That being said, I will still do separate posts for the Ward pool party and Lagoon as those have a lot more content; but for now, enjoy a super long post all about the month of August (all in random order of course)

Spencer and I got to go to a Real Salt Lake game for the first time. It was such a blast. We have both been wanting to make it out to a game for years now and it did not disappoint. Spencer got tickets through America First Credit Union and they included great seats and dinner!
 I would say that watching soccer is an acquired taste and a lot different from watching other sports. If you are thinking about going out to a Real Salt Lake game definitely try it, but do not be disappointed if it is not your cup of tea.

For Bacheroette finale we had a "ring" shape themed and only ate things that were shaped like rings. Quick side note: I NEVER liked Bryan and still don't!
 We had the opportunity to help cleaning our church building. We were actually given the perfect job for the kids which was to clean all the glass doors. I think the kids were able to really appreciate all the effort that goes into keep the church clean and take pride in helping themselves.
The kids' trip to the dentist went as good as could be expected. The Little Guy was great... Katelyn wasn't, but that's fine. The good thing was that all teeth were accounted for and looked great
Did you catch the solar eclipse, it was super cool! The craziest part for me was the significant temperature drop
Flying on the tramp!
Katelyn did not get hurt once but twice in the month... TWICE! The first was right after my birthday when she fell off the concrete steps in our backyard. Honestly, I have been waiting for one of my kids to fall down those from the second we moved in. The fact that we lasted a year and a half before that happened was a miracle.
The second injury happened towards the end of the month when she slipped on the tramp and hit her head against the metal frame so hard she opened a big gash. Of course, this happened on a Sunday night where our only option was to take her to the ER for stitches. We were worried that we were going to get to the ER and they were going to say there was nothing they could do and it would cost us a ridiculous amount of money; but lucky for us we have a PA in our ward, so we decided to have him look at her and decided if we needed to go to the ER or not. He thought, she could probably use a stitch but they would most likely glue it anyway because she was so little and he had everything he needed to do it right there.
This picture is after we got home. We are so thankful Bro Montgomery was able to take care of it and save us thousands and thousands of dollars

If you follow me on Instagram (keeleana) you may have seen the story about Mr. Poops, but here it is again. At the beginning of August, Grandma Julie brought home a caterpillar for the kids to watch turn into a butterfly. It was seriously the coolest thing I have ever witness. We got go watch Mr. Poops (so named because of how much he pooped) move and eat and grow so much and eventually get completely encapsulated in his chrysalis in a matter of hours. HOURS! We were gone for only two hours and he was completely in there. I am still in awe as to how he fit. The chrysalis itself was probably a third of his length or less.
We had no idea what kind of butterfly he was going to be an were so surprised when we woke up and discovered the incredible monarch butterfly waiting for us. He was nothing short of magnificent. We sat outside with him for about 15 minutes until he flew away; and when he did, I a was absolutely heartbroken.
I don't know what it was but even writing this now makes me super sad. I hadn't realized just how emotionally invested I had gotten on Mr. Poops. Maybe it was that the fun time we had together was over... regardless, I think I'm going to have a really hard time with my kids growing up... well see. (I am crying as I write about Mr. Poops now, I hope he migrated and found a butterfly girlfriend)

I really didn't want to make a big deal of my birthday this year. I don't know what it was about it this year, but I really didn't care. I wasn't mad or upset in any way, I just really didn't care about it. We still had cake that day and a Spencer and I got to go to Tucanos that weekend, it was perfect
We also discovered that you can get the rest of your Brazilian lemonade in a to-go cup so you know, that changed our lives
Random picture of the kids drinking Oreo shakes. One thing we absolutely loved doing this summer was having Sunday dinner outside. The weather was perfect and we already had shade there by 5
The kids had been talking about going on a "Pick-mick" (picnic) for a while and we finally were able to the first day after swimming lessons
and here is a picture of Katelyn sitting in time-out for over 5 minutes because she refused to say "sorry" in order to get out
August had not one, but two pool parties. The first was for a law office in Spanish Fork. It was so much fun but it was freezing so we didn't get to stay as long as we would have liked. The second was our ward's annual pool party which will have its own post soon
Getting your toes painted by Tia Julianna simply because you asked, that's the way to live life. Also, can you even handle those curls?!
We had family date night at Salem Pond. It was the first time the kids had been there (well the Little Guy had before but when he was a baby) and Spencer and I had not been for years.
Spencer and I used to go all the time to feed ducks but the ducks were no where to be found this time around. It was a stroke of inspiration to not tell the kids about the ducks in order to keep them a surprise. We would have had a revolt on our hands had they been promised ducks that were not there

What? Spiderman doesn't randomly show up at your local Walmart? Who keeps your city safe then?
All joking aside, this was the best character impersonator I have ever seen. Not only was the costume spot on, but he was so friendly and good with kids. Usually the Little Guy is really shy and likes to look from a distance but he joke around with him and even posed for the picture.

We were back at again with swimming lessons this year. I enlisted Nate to come along a couple of times so that I could take pictures
Swimming lessons were worth every cent and then some this year. Even though we go swimming all the time and he can swim by himself with the life jacket on, the Little Guy was super scared to even get his hair wet. He gained so much confidence with going underwater and even went off the diving boar on the last day!!!!!
and the slide too. This is a really big deal. He is always so scared to try things so I was almost in tears seeing him
The Keele kids decided to dig up the time capsule they had buried about 10 years ago. I think I was not the only one surprised that anything was still there
Here is an unedited video of them opening it up
Grandpa Mark's work hosted their annual Seven Peaks party again and Spencer got to come with us for the first time. It is a testament of how much fun we had that this is the only picture I was able to get as I was in the water with them and couldn't get my camera
Nathan helped me put together the water table for this kids and he was able to get it so much tighter than I was able to last year. They had so much fun with it, to the point that we are going to buy a new bin next year because they literally wore a hole through it
Like I said, one big load of laundry, better than a crazy amount of smaller loads thought... right?

Comments

Popular Posts