That day when I turned....well, you know

I never thought I would be one of those women that cares about how old they are, or don't want people to know but I totally am. For those of you that don't know, let me give you a back story. Ever since I was a little girl, I have always thought that when you were thirty you were officially old, and now that I am (ahem) 3 years away; I still think that!

But all my hatred of actually getting older aside, I had a GREAT birthday! Spencer had the day off, the kids were great all day, it was just perfect.

First of all I woke up to this upstairs
After lunch, (while the kids were taking a nap) Laura took me to get a pedicure (my feet are the ones on the left)
 Seriously pedicures are the best! I think I forget how good they are. When I got home we got the kids up and headed to Tucanos for my birthday meal, and it was the best family outing we had had up to that point being a family of four!
 The food was delicious, but what made it the best was that the kids loved it and they were so good! Seriously, I am still dumbfounded by how good they were. Had I been looking at our family, I probably would have been jealous at how perfect we seemed.
 After dinner, we walked it off by walking around Riverwoods. With the promise that they were not going to get wet, Spencer and kids played in the splash pad for a while.
 Then it was time to go to the Tita's for cake. My mom got the cake from Costco and oh my goodness was it DELICIOUS!
 As if my birthday couldn't get any better, it was bacherlorette night that night, so (after the kids were put to bed) we gathered for the show with even more treats
 The final thing I did for my birthday was make the video below. Months before, Spencer had found THIS VIDEO and I knew I HAD to do one for my birthday. It actually took a longer than excepted to change and memorize the script and the diaper throwing was definitely a learning curb for Spencer, but I am so beyond happy with how it turned out!
It also took me several takes to figure out the best way to hold the camera. At first, Spencer was filming but then we found it was just better and more true to the original if I held the camera. Watch the original first (so I don't just look like a conceded, crazy person) and then my video below
It was such a good birthday! 

Comments

Popular Posts