Potty training level: Success!

Let's start the potty training saga shall we? Back in February (yeah February) we decided it was probably time to start trying to hit up potty training (the Little Guy being 3 and all). So We went out and let him pick out a potty and got some M&Ms and stared trying. Yeah... nothing. It was terrible.

Flash forward to May.... I decided it was time to get serious. I got online, read all of the articles, bought a ton of juices and candy, made a chart... the whole nine yards. Yeah... nothing. It was terrible.

Flash forward to August. Time to get serious(again). The Little Guy was set to start school in September and he was still not potty trained. Spencer had a week off work and we decided (again) it was time. So we stared hardcore... really hardcore. It was so hard! So hard! (seriously have you ever potty trained? It's SO HARD). By Wednesday we were still not getting anywhere and Spencer and I were getting ready for a date when the Little Guy asked me what I was doing and lighting struck. I told him I was getting ready to go on a date with Daddy and asked him if he wanted to go on a date with me. He got super exited and immediately said yes. So I told him that if he went potty 10 times we would go on a date. Oh my goodness.... 10 times went by so fast! In less than 48 hours he was ready for our date. Since then, he has not had a single accident and has NEVER wet the bed! I know right?!

We went on our date on August 11th to the mall, just him and I. We had dinner at the food court, played games and rode the merry-go-round and he loved it. And so did I
Can I just say that having a kid who is potty trained is just about the best thing ever?! Yeah, we like it a lot. A LOT.

Comments

Popular Posts