Throwing a party for a big girl!

Katelyn's party took place on June 27th and it was a lot of work... but so so so WORTH IT! It really turned out so great. I stared planning over a month before (or maybe more?) so it was actually easy... just work. We decided to do it in the backyard and go with a gold and pink theme. I made all of the decorations myself and have to say... pretty proud

(I forgot to scan her party invite before I put it in her baby book so I had to take a picture the best I could from inside the book)

We served pulled pork sandwiches, salads and watermelon. I made the pork with a combination of recipes I found online and it turned out perfect. Seriously it was so juicy and tender. Most importantly, it was cooked in the slow cooker so I set it to cook in the morning and didn't worry about it until it was time to shred half an hour before party time. 
Spencer and Julie were worried about the mason jars as cups but come on... how freaking cute did they turn out.Of course, the kids had plastics cups anyways.
I am so happy with how those paper fans looked. They cost a dollar to make each and they were so easy (just follow this VIDEO)
Spencer was in charged of the sign at the door telling people to come it. He was pretty proud of his hilarious sign.
Angie Cauble made the super cute birthday cake. She kept it a secret as to what it was going to be and only asked for the colors. I didn't see it until she brought it over before the party and it was such an awesome surprise!
Watching Abuela get her some food. She is definitely not fast enough to satisfy this birthday girl

As I did for the Little Guy (see HERE) I set up 12 pictures each representing a month of Katelyn's first year and had everyone guess the order. I had so much fun going through month to month seeing all of the different pictures. It is funny for me because I felt like I was giving everyone clues with the ones I picked. For example the picture where she is in the bumbo is obviously six months since she was too little for it before then (and we couldn't find it). Or the picture of eleven months that is actually taken from her month photo shoot. It was my own private joke when no one even noticed the clues I had given them. It's a Mom thing I guess
Here are the twelve pictures in order
No one got a perfect score, but Abuela and Grandma Julie tied for the closest
She let me put the crown on her to open presents (yeah, I'm sneaky, I knew she would be distracted enough with the presents sot hat she wouldn't notice the crown)
When we unwrapped this necklace she immediately put it on all by herself, surprising everyone. She is the biggest girly girl (of course the crown had to be removed when it got caught on the necklace, so there went my sneaky plan). 

Here is a video of her party. I think that one of her favorite things was giving people the invites herself. I recorded her giving her first invite to Grandpa Mark and loved it so much I knew I had to record her every time and included in the video. The song in the video is "Me Too" by Meghan Trainor which is by far Katelyn's favorite song. She'll drop everything and start dancing every time she hears it.

Spencer made me promise that this was our last birthday party for a while but it turned out so good and was so much fun that I'm going to try my best to convince him for the Little Guy's next birthday. Maybe just a small friend party 😉

Comments

Popular Posts