Easter Festivities

So I'm going to start out by saying that for some reason my phone deleted all of the snaps for Easter and I am super bummed about it. Seriously... ALL OF THEM! I don't even know why. So there is a lot of stuff that I will just have to try to remember.

That being said, we had a great time this Easter. Personally I don't love when Easter falls on the same day as General Conference and it was nice to have that separation this year.  We spent the Friday before Easter with the usual dying of eggs. I realized that this year mark the 6th year anniversary that Julianna and I dyed eggs (ever since I stared dating Spencer). Crazy how quickly time passes. This year, however, I let the Little Guy take my spot and was content with just taking pictures.
It was to no ones surprise that the Little Guy loved it.
On Sunday, we went to Grandma and Grandpa Swenson's house for fire pit hot dogs. The weather kept getting cold and then warm so we had to keep switching between jackets on and off.
I made my usual Easter cupcakes although they were not quite as fancy as previous years. The decorations were not even my idea, Grandma just happened to have them. But I do have to admit they were quite delicious.
While we waited for the Easter Bunny (AKA Grandpa Mark) to hide all the eggs outside, we enjoyed some Easter poppers. They are these super cool things that when you hit and shake, they start to grow. Here's Katelyn with all of the poppers. They are super light but really firm
The video below shows them both plus the Easter Egg hunt. Of course there was a lot more video and pictures (grrr)
In a serious miscalculation, we had a ridiculous amount of eggs considering it was just the Little Guy and Katelyn. The following week, I made deviled eggs and egg salad sandwiches and we still had to throw a couple away. Better to have way too many eggs than to little I guess.

PS. Did you notice Katelyn's dress was different than the one from the Easter photo shoot? Grandma Julie and I saw both dresses when we were down in St. George and I could not decide between which one to get. In the end, I choose the solid one, but as it turns out she had liked this one better (I didn't know that). When Grandpa Mark and her went down to Las Vegas for Grandpa's birthday, she saw it at the store and bought it. So Katelyn ended up with two beautiful Easter dresses. Spencer thinks that I should run all of Katelyn's clothes by Julie from now on and choose the opposite of the one she says that way Katelyn will end up with everything ;) Thanks Grandma Julie!

Comments

Popular Posts