Kitty at One Year

I actually wrote this post back in December when Kitty turned one but had forgotten to post it

Although to some making a post complete with a photo shoot on Kitty might seen a little bit silly... not to us! Kitty is truly a part of our family. She was given to the Little Guy by Grandma and Grandpa Swenson on Christmas 2015. To say that the Little Guy loves her in a huge understatement. She is his best friend. Here are some fun tidbits about Kitty
She has slept with the Little Guy for over a year now. It actually really grosses me out because she goes everywhere and gets played with all day. All I can do is give her a bath (throw her in the wash) every week and hope for the best. I'm pretty sure that she has build up the Little Guy's antibodies by now
We very recently were able to stop her from going everywhere with us. We are super happy about that. Kitty gets to stay and guard the house now

She became a "she" back in April of last year. We had gone out with a friend when she asked the Little Guy if Kitty was a girl or a boy and he didn't know. We had actually never given her a gender. When our friend asked again he said "girl" and it's been that way ever since
Kitty talks... a lot. Seriously that cat is a chatterbox of meows all day. Good thing the Little Guy speaks Kitty and can tell me what she's saying
In all honesty, I had never seen a kid love a toy as much as the Little Guy loves Kitty. It is really something that you only see in movies. For a while I was a little scare that he was so attached to her. I was especially concerned when Kitty stared asking for things that the Little Guy wanted; but we feel that it has reached a balanced place now. Kitty no longer goes everywhere and some days he doesn't even play with her at all. In a way, it's almost like Katelyn has replaced Kitty a little which I can't say I'm unhappy with that.

All in all... Kitty has been a great addition to our family this past year. I'm happy that the Little Guy has been able to create so many wonderful memories with her.
PS Katelyn loves her too. Although I think that she just likes her because she belongs to the Little Guy

Comments

Popular Posts