St. George St. George St. George

We finally got to go to St. George the first weekend in March (seriously I've been wanting to go to St. George since last April). It was just Grandma Julie, the kids and I and boy did we have a good time! Grandma took Friday off from work so that we could drive Thursday night. We packed the kids in the car (and pretty much the rest of our house. It is crazy how much stuff you have to pack when you have kids) and headed down.

The original plan was to drive all the way through as long as the kids would let us but I really needed to go to the bathroom so we stopped in Beaver after all. It worked out though, I was able to feed Katelyn and change for kids' diapers (and no, I could not get the Little Guy to look at the picture)
On Friday morning, my super-awesome-way-better-than-yours mother-in-law treated me to a hot stone pedicure. That means that as part of the pedicure, they take a smooth hot stone and massage your feet with it. Sounds kind of weird... but OMG it's AMAZING!!!! Look how pretty my toes look
While I was basically in Mommy Heaven, Julie took the kids to the Temple. 
Once we were all back together it was time for Swig and The Habit! (I know that I have talked about The Habit a lot in past posts but it is truly the most amazing thing ever)
Grandma Julie wanted to take the Little Guy to Zoopotia and we decided to all go together (Side note: the movie was so good! If you haven't seen it, go see it! Take your kids! It was the best animated movie I've seen in a while)
With Katelyn taking a nap during the movie, and the tub of popcorn we ate, we decided we were all set for some serious shopping. We found so many really cute things for the kids at really really good prices. 
Needless to say, we were really tired by the time we got back to the house. We had delicious Cafe Rio for dinner and went to bed. Well, most of us did. Katelyn decided that just because we were in St. George, that did not mean that she was going to allow me to get any sleep.

The next morning we hit up the Children's Museum. You can see all of the Snaps from it at the end of the post. (Quick note: This was my first time using Snapchat videos to document an event. I now know that in order to get a good story video, I should have taken the entire 10 seconds that is allowed. That is reason why it all looks so choppy. I've learned my lesson since then)
We enjoyed some delicious Olive Garden for lunch. The food was so good, the Little Guy, not so much. He was just really tired at this point
We got home and Katelyn and I took a nap (yeah, I actually got to take a nap, I said it was a great time didn't I?) while the Little guy and Grandma Julie watched "The Jungle Book"
Then it was park time
After the park we hit up Old Navy for some more shopping. Although we actually stayed 10 minutes too long. The Little Guy turned into an uncontrollable monster. We were planning on going to Target after for bubble bath but decided against it. We did let them take a bath in the big tub though
Tio Adam and Tia Alaynah came over on Saturday night after going to wedding in Vegas and we went went out to lunch the next day before going home. I don't know why I didn't take pictures the next day, It was probably because of the weather. It was raining a lot. We cleaned up and went to brunch at The Bear Paw. The wait was an hour so we went and toured the Tabernacle down the street. It was so cool to see it and hear all of the history behind it. I really wish I had taken pictures.

Here's a video of all of the snaps through out the trip
It was really such a great weekend. We had an awesome time. Thank you so much to Grandma and Grandpa Swenson for allowing us to go down there. And a special thanks to Grandma Julie for the awesome time we had

Comments

Popular Posts