It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

So I obviously realize that it is no longer Christmas time and that it happened a while ago but I choose to ignore that.

We made the effort and got our Christmas stuff up as early as we could this year. In the begging we had planned to just get everything up while the kids were sleeping so that it would be easier but we ended up just going for it with the kids and I'm so glad we did. It was great. The Little Guy had so much fun helping
The Taco Bell dog is Spencer's favorite and always the first one on the tree and the last one to get off
Katelyn's way of helping. It was actually a lot of help since she was content to watch and didn't need one of us holding there the entire time
In between getting our tree up we made a batch of Grandma Julie's Candy Cane cookies. They are our favorite and a must for the holiday season. This was the first time that we make them ourselves and were so happy when they turned out perfect
Yep. This is the perfect candy cane cookie. We made them twice more after that first time so we always had some throughout the month
The fruits of all out hard work. It turned out pretty great if I say so myself. The best was being able to enjoy it all month
This year I also got to make by first gingerbread house. I originally bought the kit thinking I could make it with the Little Guy but I decided that would probably be more hassle than it was worth for my first house. 
Spencer was very determined to try to catch my "intense concentration" in the pictures
Yeah pretty happy with how it turned out. This will definitely be a thing from now on. Maybe next year I'll get one for the kids and one for me so I can still do my own
Having a Christmas tree with mobile kids is a huge hassle. The ornaments are never on the tree and you constantly have to be worried that it wont tip on them. However, moments like this make it all worth it! I love Christmas so much
This happened about a week and a half before Christmas. We bought replacement lights but never actually got around to putting them on. Next year I guess

With our non-existent shelf space and our crazy kids, I decided to not put up all of my Nativity sets this year. Of course that meant that we had to put forth an extra effort to have the Little Guy know the reason for Christmas and that it was not all about Santa Claus. This is my favorite story from our futile attempts.

LG: Mom, it's almost Christmas
Me: You're right we're getting really close
LG: and Santa coming
Me: That's right but do you know why we celebrate Christmas?
LG: For Santa coming
Me: No we celebrate because that is when Baby Jesus was born
LG: (thinks about it for a second) Mom, I don't Santa to bring me a Baby Jesus toy

Yeah... I LOVE Christmas!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts