It's Halloween. It's Halloween. It's Halloween

So I'm really not a big fan of Halloween. That's not totally true... I guess I just don't really like the scary stuff. I like the fun Halloween; especially now that I have kids. I have to admit that I'm not really sorry it's over. Having to constantly be checking to make sure decorations you expose your child to will not give him nightmares is exhausting. 

So quick back story... after totally dropping the ball last year with Halloween and having my child wear a costume from back in the day (literally that was the first costume Tia Vero wore in this country) I was NOT going to let that happen this year (newborn baby or not). There was only one way to redeem myself.... perfectly coordinated family costumes! Of course, I knew it would take some convincing for my better half, so I cornered him one night and we came up with a whole bunch of ideas until one stuck... Peter Pan (for the Little Guy) Tinkerbell (Baby Kate) Captain Hook (Spencer) and Mr. Smee (me, but with a girl version). And it was all set. I stared looking at tutorials and figuring out how everything was going to work. Well.... around the end of August, we were all in the car and the Little Guy asked us (again) what we were going to be and Spencer declares (as a joke? to be honest I'm not sure) that he's going to be a cowboy.... Of course the Little Guy immediately said he wanted to be a cowboy "like Daddy". There was no going back after that. 

We had so much fun getting our costumes together. The goal was to look "Spanish Fork Cowboy" and not "Halloween Cowboy". We weren't able to find something small enough for Katelyn so we decided she could be a cow (cute right?!). Well... her costume came in the wrong size and then the replacement didn't get here in time (yeah... we are getting out money back). So (after resigning to the fact that when she sees pictures of her first Halloween she'll make jokes with a little pain behind them about how she was excluded from the "family" costumes) Katelyn was a ballerina on Friday (when I thought the costume was still coming in on time) and a "Pumpkin Princess" on Saturday. 

Friday we went to the McEntires' for the annual chili, scones and donuts. I would just like to point out that the witch hat she is currently wearing is the closest to a costume that I have ever seen Grandma Julie. 


This was actually the first Halloween that Daddy didn't work/have school and we actually got to enjoy the day together. The Little Guy stared the day by going to the aquarium with Grandma Julie and Tia Nana (Julianna). Since I wasn't there, all I have are the pictures so get ready for overload.












Once we were all dressed up and had dinner we headed over to the Tita's to get our trick-or-treating stared (after a quick photo shoot that is).




The Little Guy was being pretty grumpy but as soon as we were out the door he was just fine (the promise of candy will do that to a two year old)


First house!





So we trick-or-treated around the Tita's neighborhood and then headed over to the Keele's. Katelyn was a little princess (a pumpkin princess...get it?) while we went around the Tita's neighborhood but when she fell asleep on the ride to the Keele's, Grandpa Mark stayed with her.


It was a super fun Halloween but the Little Guy did NOT get enough candy! Seriously all the good candy was gone by about two days (and yes, it was me)

Comments

Popular Posts