...and it's July

I can't believe how fast this year is going. It may have something to do with the fact that I spent the first part of it super sick... but it's still crazy that it is already August! July was super crazy busy this year. Because of our newborn child, we decided to take it easy for the 4th. The Keeles came up and we went to lunch with Grandma and Grandpa at Pizza Pie Cafe. 


The boys took a nap for forever so it was just Baby Kate and I in the afternoon until I was starving and decided enough was enough (at 9 PM) and woke them up for dinner and fireworks. I love fireworks so much! Spencer and the Little Guy have the exact same philosophy when it comes to fireworks. They can watch and love them for about ten minutes but then they are over it. We got lucky that our neighbors across the street were doing super cool fireworks so we got to enjoy them by simply going outside and sitting on the front porch. 

^^Exactly 4 years after we got engaged, this is what our family looks like now^^

Katelyn's belly button finally came out so I gave her first bath on the 11th. She had a millisecond of "What in the world?" but then loved it right away.

^^As soon as I put her in... you can almost hear her say "What the heck" by just looking at the picture^^




^^Our kids towels side by side... Thanks Angie for the awesome gifts. Funny story, Spencer came home from work that night and took a picture of the towels too^^

On Sunday the 12th I took part in the biggest mess I have ever had to clean up/made myself/seen in real life. I went to make a recipe in the slow cooker that I have made countless of time but it went terribly wrong when the beaters from the electric hand mixer caught the slow cooker liner. The pictures show a pretty big mess but they actually do not do justice to the severity of the it.




My first instinct was to cry but then Katelyn stared crying so my instinct to stay calm kicked in (having kids will do that to you). I just had the Little Guy go wake Spencer up so that he could grab Katelyn ("Daddy wake up, Mommy made a big mess") and got to work.

^^As an added joke to the situation my mop broke when it was time to start moping the floor. So I ended up having to mop by hand^^

On Tuesday the 14th, I took the kids over to see Grandma and Grandpa Keele.


And the next day he got to meet Grandma Alicia.


Grandma Keele passed away that following Thursday. Although I only had known her a small time, I can honestly say that I loved her. She will surely be missed. The funeral took place the 21st and it was wonderful to see how many people came. She sure was an AMAZING lady. We love you Grandma!

Here are my siblings and I playing Texas Holdem on Sunday night. I know what you are thinking but hey... it's sibling bonding. Not to mention we were using Goldfish crackers instead of poker chips or money. Also when Julianna ran out of fishes we just made her run to the fence and gave her more instead of kicking her out of the game.




As if I don't mention it every year... I LOVE FIESTA DAYS! Seriously the 24th of July is one of my favorite holidays. I was bummed because I though that I would be missing the festivities this year (having a new born baby and all) but we made everything work. Starting with a new tradition this year which was the stock parade. The day before the rodeo starts all of the contestants parade their horses down main street to the fairgrounds. We have never gone before for the simple reason that we didn't know about it (after all the years, crazy right?). We got there a little bit late but it actually worked out for the best because one of the contestants saw the Little Guy walking towards our seats and stopped to let him pet his horse.


Walking back to our car, we stopped by the fire station to look at the fire trucks and they actually let the Little Guy climb up in it.


One of the firemen even ran in and got his hat to show the Little Guy


^^It was hard to tell which one of them was actually more exited^^




Spencer worked the 23rd and the 24th so unfortunately he missed the parade. This year we had a new spot right in front of Cold Stone giving up our usual spot in front of One Man Band and it worked out great. We were in the shade the entire time.



^^This is Katelyn's way of enjoying the parade^^

Thanks to creative scheduling, we were still able to meet up with Spencer's band friends at One Man Band for the traditional scones right before he had to go to work. 


I had promised the Little Guy that I would take him to the merry-go-round at the fare but it was so HOT outside, I couldn't take the kids our in that. My dad, however, had the inspired idea of taking him to the merry-go-round at Provo Town Center... nice and cool and empty... perfect.



On Saturday the 25th the Keele's hosted their Sidewalk of Fire. Unfortunately for me, Katelyn made me miss the first hour and a half when she decided to be (let's say) 'unhelpful' after her bath. I still got there in plenty of time to enjoy the festivities and fireworks but I did miss Keelbasa play




^^Lucky for me, I did get to see Spencer play two songs with friends of his dad. And let's face it, he is my favorite member of Keelebasa anyway^^

We slept over at the Keele's house that night to be there early morning for Nathan's farewell the next day. Nate gave a super great talk that had just the right amount of humor at all the right places. Then the Keele's house got pack with teenagers, friends, and family... and I do mean PACKED.









By the way, you can follow Nathan's adventures in Hermosillo by looking at his blog HERE

The nice thing about church at 9 AM is that you still have plenty of day left. By four, everything from the farewell was cleaned and put away, Julie and I had watched a movie and the Little Guy was playing outside with the sprinkler.



and enlisting Daddy and Tio Nate to join


Comments

Popular Posts