The First Month

Remember when I was still pregnant? Well it's a already been a month since then... crazy right? The funniest thing is that I can't help but thinking that it's "only" been a month. It seems like it should be a lot longer. 

Baby Kate is so fun. She is just the biggest sweetheart and we are all just smitten with her. One thing that we no one can believe is how fast she is growing. I am with her all day and it's like I can watch her grow right before my eyes. She is already close to growing out of her newborn clothes. 

Here are her stats from her two week appointment

HEIGHT: 20'' 34%
WEIGHT: 6 lbs 13.5 oz 9%
HEAD SIZE: 14'' 59%
SHE CAN: Focus on faces, lift head, turn head to side, respond to sounds, startle reflex

Even though she is low on her weight percentile wise, the fact that she gained over 8 oz in the two weeks is really great. Just like the Little Guy, she is just little. As long as she is following the line (even if it is the second to lowest line) she is doing okay. 

Instead of doing onsies for her, I decided to go the chalkboard route. Although I found that it makes the month photo shoot a little bit harder because I actually have to place the chalkboard too; but I'm happy with how the pictures turned out. It will also be fun to see her grow in comparison the the chalkboard. 







And here are the behind the scenes pictures to what was really going on during the shoot


^^I know she is crying, but I kind of love this picture. Her proportions are so perfect she just looks like a toy doll^^


Fun tidits about Katelyn:

Will actually take a binky (which is product of me refusing to be a binky for the second child in a row)

Needs to be held all day. Seriously, she can only be put down if she is sleeping or for about 5 minutes when she is content on her bunny per day. It is to the point that she will most of the time cry when I put her down to change the Little Guy's diaper. But what I am supposed to do just let her cry? I think we would all go crazy at that point. I have been doing research for a baby carrier so that I can get things done and still carry her around.

She loves the car as long as it is going and going fast. She gets upset when we are stop lights.

Enjoys listening to the Little Guy play the drums as long as they are not too loud

Eats every two hours except for the afternoon in which she deems appropriate to eat every hour and a half

She is a super chill baby

We are seriously over the moon with her

Loves taking baths and actually cries when I get her out

Only sleeps in her bassinet at night. During the day, she will only nap in her swing or bunny

Is constantly moving and stretching

Has the hip cups ALL THE TIME! Seriously, I don't know that to do about it. She can be warn, with a clean diaper, having just eaten and still have the hip cups. I just have to hold her until they go away

Loves to be played with and talked to

Comments

Popular Posts