Everything else in June

I realize that I had a LOT of posts in the month of June, but they were all very specific to what I was writing about at that point. Obviously, Baby Kate's birth was the big one but I figured I needed to do an update for everything else that happened in June. 

The first thing was Jazmin's wedding on the 6th. It was so surreal for me to see this pretty girl get married (for some reason even more so than when Laura got married). I am so happy for her and I can't wait to get to know her new husband.

 ^^She is a pretty short girl... but of course, still taller than me^^

The next day we joined the Keele's for hot dogs over the fire (by far the best way to cook hot dogs). We actually already had plans with our friends the Harris so we invited them to come along

^^Grandma Julie got the Little Guy his own camp chair about a month ago and this was the first time he got to use it... yeah, he loved it^^



^^I Love him so much^^

Laura came over on Tuesday June 9th and we had a craft day. Because we had Baby Kate's newborn pictures scheduled for the 27th, I knew that I would not have time to get things ready for them after and there were a lot of things I wanted to make. After an intense Pinterest session, followed by a reality check on what was actually possible, I had a list of exactly what I wanted to make and Laura was the best help I could have asked for. 




The results... big tissue paper pom poms to go by her crib and a special tutu with accessories for her pictures


^^We used the bear for measurements and to model^^

^^Pretty proud of how it turned out^^

Of course, when she was actually born and we saw how little she was, we knew that the tutu was not going to fit her anytime soon (deceitful bear). It all worked out in the end though because since I was doing so great, I just ended up staying up one night and made a new tutu, a flower crown, a dainty headband, a banner with her name and a tulle letter to go above her crib. I had wanted to make the last two when Laura was there to help me but since we didn't have a name yet, it was impossible. Everything turned out better than I thought it was going to. I really can't wait to see her pictures (more on that a little later)

Here's a random picture of our little girl. When she was just born I kept thinking she looked exactly like the Little Guy, but she has been drifting from that. I'm not sure who she looks like now

^^The Little Guy would have never been cool with this... he hated to be swaddled^^

^^We are all pretty enthralled with her. Did you notice the Little Guy's hair? It is because he had just woken up from a nap. I promise I am not neglecting his grooming^^

We took it pretty easy for Father's Day. We let Daddy sleep in and then he and the Little Guy went to church. I was doing so great that we actually considered all of us going to just Sacrament Meeting but decided against it (Baby Kate was only 4 days old after all). The Swensons and Keeles came and had dinner with Grandma and Grandpa so we went upstairs to be with everyone and then I would come downstairs to feed Katelyn when she needed it.

My parents came around 8 and the Keeles were still here so I made the guys pose for a picture. It turned out so much better than I even though, I only wish Grandpa Keele could have been there.


At church they gave all of the dads a "Mr. GoodDad Bar"... how clever is that?!



^^Katelyn decided that she wanted to be awake at 5 AM on day and the Little Guy followed suit. This is him at 11 AM when he realized just how early he had woken up^^

As I mentioned earlier, we did newborn pictures on the 27th. It worked perfectly because Nickell was in town. She did our wedding pictures and the Little Guy's newborns but then moved to Texas. She is seriously so talented! She travels to Utah about twice a year and just fills her schedule with photo shoots. We got super lucky that her last trip for the year fell on this weekend and that we actually got a slot. The pictures were down upstairs in Grandma and Grandpa's living room so we didn't have to take her out. Because Spencer had to work, Nickell took the ones of him and Baby Kate first. She quickly showed me a couple and they were incredible. I am just over the moon waiting to see the other ones. Of course, because this was the one time we needed Katelyn to sleep during the day, she wouldn't. We tried everything and in the end just had to take the pictures with her awake. Funny thing is that Julie had actually spend an hour holding her the day before trying to get her to wake up and she slept the entire time.... what a stinker. Here are some behind the scenes of our photo shoot.




^^Since I couldn't get a picture of the Little Guy's "Big Brother" shirt at the hospital, I made sure it made an appearance at the shoot. Along with Baby Kate's "Little Sister" onsie^^

^^Nate taught the Little Guy to take pictures on his Ipod so he had his own photo shoot as well^^

^^Yes, she is going to be topless in some of the pictures. I would like to apologize for my hypocrisy as I have severely looked down on that in the past^^


^^Pretty sure this is the first picture of Baby Kate and Tio Nathan. He was away at scout camp when she was born so he actually didn't even meet her until Father's Day^^

Comments

Popular Posts