The last update... what?

We'll we are down to the wire and this will be the last pregnancy update for Little Sister (yeah still no decided name). I do have other blog posts ready in my drafts but I figured that I better post this first just in case she comes early.

 I saw the doctor on Wednesday the 10th and I am dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced so everything is set to go. If I do not go into labor by the 15th, I will be induced on Tuesday the 16th! It is almost surreal that the time has actually come. It has been pretty great because, now that we are so close, I'm really exited for the actual baby as opposed to just wanting it all to be over (yes, I know how that sounds). To get even more pumped, Laura came over on Tuesday and we made tissue paper pom poms to put above her crib (I'll post pictures once we get all of her bedding stuff in) and a tutu with a matching headband for her newborn pictures. Everything turned out so cute! Even better than I thought. I am so exited about the newborn pictures. She will be pretty young as we are doing them on the 27th (she'll be just over a week if I get induced on the 16th), but I think it is going to work out great. Not to mention we are planning on doing the pictures upstairs in Grandma and Grandpa's living room so all we'll have to do will be to just go upstairs. I have been trying to get everything ready for that as we will literally have no time once she is born. I just hope I don't look too swollen still.

We didn't do maternity pictures (and to be honest, I didn't really care to) so Adam took a couple of me after doing the Little Guy's mini shoot the other day.




And now filling out the questions for the last time

How far along: 38 weeks and 6 days

Weight gain: 12 lbs (yeah I didn't gain any weight from last week

Maternity clothes: I am to the "Only get dressed if I have to" point. If I am not going anywhere, I am in jammies. Even during my nightly walk

Movement: I know I have mentioned this before and sorry to bring it up again, but I am seriously worried that the scene from "Alien" when the alien breaks out of the body will be recreated before this child is born

Food Cravings: really none. I don't know if it is the anticipation, but usually nothing sounds good as of lately

Belly button: even farther out than last week, I didn't think that could be possible

Swelling: could be a lot worse so I can't complain. I think that fact that I have been walking every day has been helping

What I miss; HA! what don't I miss is more like it

Sleep: I realize that I will be getting no sleep once the baby is born but it can really not get any worse than this. I feel like a zombie in the middle of the night just walking around. This past weekend, I took advantage of the fact that Spencer was home and took some Benadryl before bedtime. Unfortunately, that is not something I can do on days that he works since it makes me feel a little too loopy for me to be myself, let alone with the Little Guy

Looking forward to: this may sound silly, but I am really looking forward to a cheeseburger, fries and a chocolate shake at the hospital, I ate it for two meals in a row when I had the Little Guy and it was delicious. Hopefully, it will not disappoint.

What I'm loving: finally feeling exited about Little Sister! I hate to admit it, but everything seemed bad for so long it is almost liberating to be able to focus on the best thing of all which is this baby girl.

So far, I'm not really freaking out over the impending labor and delivery, although I am getting more and more nervous about it. I remember things hurting a LOT, but I kind of have a feeling that I do not remember just how bad it actually is. I'm trying really hard to not think about it

^^I didn't bother editing this one as it was just silly^^

Comments

Popular Posts