Showered with... Elephants

My mom and Laura threw the most lovely baby shower for Little Sister and I on Saturday the 30th and the theme... elephants. So cute! It was a super relaxing, fun time with close friends and relatives just talking and enjoying each other's company. I could honestly not have asked for more lovely afternoon. It was exactly what I needed to get even more exited about our soon coming little girl. It was probably the first time I truly grasped that she is a GIRL! How exiting is that?! There are so many cute things for girls (as evident by all the amazingly adorable presents she got)


 ^^These were the super cute party favors. We had a lot left over so they are getting doctored and becoming "Thank you" gifts for the nurses at the hospital. If I can keep them away from the Little Guy that is^^

The party took place in my parent;s backyard. It was a little hot at first but it quickly cooled down as the sun went down. 



 ^^We had a baked potato bar for dinner. It was a HUGE hit^^



 ^^My Mom made the elephant cake. How adorable is that?^^

Most of the shower was spent talking about a name for Little Sister. I would just like to throw out the disclaimer that we are not purposely keeping the name to ourselves to be difficult; we really do not have a name yet. It's just that nothing seems quite right. I do, however, want to thank everyone for the suggestions. The first thing I was when I got home was to go through them with Spencer. 

Here are some candid pictures of me opening presents



 ^^The Little Guy helped out handing me presents. Okay, he handed one present and then moved on to something else^^

^^Until he slipped on the deck, got hurt and had to come sit on Mommy's lap that is. I took advantage and made him pose for a picture with homemade gifts from my grandma^^

I just want to thank everyone for all of the wonderful gifts. I can not wait for Little Sister to wear every single outfit she got. They are all so CUTE! Thanks again to Laura and my mom for the wonderful shower and thanks to everyone was able to make it. It was a blast. 

Comments

Popular Posts