Mother's Day part Two

I didn't mention it in my last post but for Mother's Day, instead of getting a big present, we decided to do a night out as a family and I got to pick what we did and where we went. Originally we planned on doing it before Mother's Day Sunday but since the Little Guy and I got sick, it had to get postponed. We finally got to go last Friday the 29th since Spencer's had the off. 

I stared my pick with a trip to Build a Bear Workshop. It was the first time the Little Guy and I had ever been (Spencer had only been once) and boy it did not disappoint. I can totally see how things could get our of control price wise really quickly; lucky for us, the Little Guy can be easily distracted away from things like clothes, shoes, accessories, etc. We went back and forth as to what we were going to do as the original plan was for the Little Guy to make a bear for Little Sister and one for him that Little Sister would bring when she comes home, but we also didn't want to flaunt a bear that he was never going to have to wait to have. I also didn't want him to make a bear that he wouldn't play with anyway since he loves Kitty so much. In the end, we decided the best course of action was to have the Little Guy make the two bears, have his now, and leave the one for Little Sister in a very prominent place to remind him that it is for her. 

The Little Guy was so sweet throughout the whole experience. Seriously, if someone had recorded the whole thing, BAB would probably want to use if for a commercial

^^He played with the voice/music options for a while. When he first stared looking at it I thought we were done for and were not going to be able to get him away from it but it worked out^^

We gave him choices for him and Little Sister (from the price approved section) and he got to work


^^He ended picking the same bear just in different colors. The lighter of the two is for Little Sister^^


^^When the lady asked him to kiss the heart before he put it in, he ended up kissing his bear instead. Then did the same thing with Little Sister's bear. I just about cried^^

^^Giving the bears a bath to fluff them up^^

^^and filling out their birth certificates. The Little Guy went with some really original names. "Bear for his bear and "Bear Again" for Little Sister's bear. He wouldn't consider any other name so that is what went on the certificates^^

It was probably a lot more than we would pay for teddy bears on a regular basis (we just got the bears, no clothes or extras) but it was totally worth it. The Little Guy loves his bear and takes him everywhere (along with Kitty, which makes things super fun for me since I now have two toys to keep track off). Not to mention, he keeps talking about Little Sister's bear and how that is HER bear. We plan on that being his present to bring to the hospital when he comes to visit. 

For dinner I chose Pizza Pie Cafe which, I have to be honest, has become my favorite restaurant for a lot of reason but the major one... the Little Guy LOVES IT!!!! Not only does he eat well when we go but he behaves so well! It makes it so much more enjoyable when he is actually behaving at a restaurant. Lately he has been a little nightmare everywhere. Both Spencer and I get to eat the delicious food (because it is delicious by the way. All you can eat pizza, pasta and salad what more could you want?) not only in peace but having fun as well

^^The best part of the outing, the boys wearing matching Batman shirts. This wasn't even my idea, it just happened^^

This family nigh was the PERFECT Mother's Day gift. It reminded me of the incredible family that I have now, and made me super exited for our closely approaching addition. What more could anyone want for Mother's Day?! I am one lucky girl. 

Comments

Popular Posts