And the Punks Graduated!


I can't believe these two Goobers actually graduated! (I'm not going to lie, it was touch and go for a little bit and we weren't sure it would happen) I'm so proud of them! Sure they are punks that drive me crazy sometimes (okay, a lot of the time) but we love them so much. Not to mention the Little Guy is crazy about Tio Nate and Tia Vero... and of course, Tia Maddie.

Our graduations festivities stared on Sunday the 17th with the Seminary Graduation. Unfortunately, because they all take place in the respective Stake Centers at the same time we could only go to one of them. Since my parents were out of town, we went to Veronica's... and of course Maddie's (same Stake= two birds with one stone)

 ^^These two besties have been through so much together. The Little Guy loves them and stared calling Maddie "Tia Maddie" without any prompting. (Side note: Tio and Tia mean Uncle and Aunt in Spanish that is what the Little Guy calls all of this aunts and uncles whether they speak Spanish or not)

Next on our graduation fun fest was Nate being ordained an Elder. Julie chose to do it at their house on Sunday the 24th and it was just lovely. There were really not a lot of people there, just people that are a big part of Nate's life which made it all of the more special and intimate.

 ^^After he was ordained, Nate shared his testimony. No I didn't cry, but it was close^^

 ^^Thanks to our awesome Cold Stone connections, we did not only have one, but two ice cream cakes. Adam decorated them himself... this is the guy that just graduated from Snow College by the way. By the way if you have never had a cake from Cold Stone, they are super pricey but super worth it (in a very rare, special occasion, every once in a while, kind of way. Like I said, super pricey) The one on the left is a red velvet and oh my goodness... my mouth is watering just thinking about it^^

After everyone (including/specially Nate) was gone, Julie, Julianna and I sat down to make a money lei for Nate's graduation present. It was actually a lot harder and time consuming than we thought it was going to be but I though it was worth it


 ^^Of course I forgot to take a picture of the final. But it turned out great, if I do say so myself^^

These were our graduation presents for the Goobers. The Little Guy was specially exited about the M&Ms but it had nothing to do with the presents. 


^^They say "Con-Graduations" yeah, I thought that was clever^^

The ceremony was long and long and long... and the Little Guy was a nightmare through the whole thing (Seriously. People were staring. I was THAT mom). He did like seeing all the Tios on the big screen though


Thankfully it was not too hot outside while everyone was doing pictures. Although I was absolutely exhausted by the end and could not think of anything but a cold Coke.



^^I stole this picture from my Dad's wall, but how could I not? Look at the Little Guy's face!!! I swear there is no way someone could teach him these kinds of things. They came hard-wired into his personality^^



^^We had completely lost Ariel so it meant that all of the pictures that I got were with the sisters only^^

^^We took to calling them the Superfriends a couple of years ago^^

It took the Little Guy and I FOREVER to find the Keeles; and when we did, Nate was getting bombarded with people waiting to take his picture. We did get some good ones though. 



 ^^Look at those two...punks^^

 ^^and of course Tia Maddie^^

We sat with the Tita's during the actual ceremony so we went to dinner with the Keeles after it was over. It was my first time going to Texas Roadhouse. Delicious. 

^^The first thing I did was down three glasses of Coke. Don't judge^^

It was a super fun but super exhausting day. The Little Guy and I got home around 6:30 and went straight to sleep. I woke up again around 9 and waited for Spencer to come home but the Little Guy slept until 7 AM the next morning. That's what happens when you have graduation right during our nap time I guess. 

Comments

  1. That was a fun...but extremely tiring...week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it almost seems like it is not quite over yet. I don't think it will be over and things will settle down until Little Sister is born and Nate has left for his mission

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts