A post all about the Little Guy

With the Little Guy about to become a big brother, I decided that I wanted to make a post all about him, something that I have not done in a really long time. I knew that I wanted to have a mini, home-made photo session to go along with the post but as it turns out, randomly asking Adam to take a couple of pictures on Wednesday, was just about the best thing I could have done. He seriously just grabbed his camera and went outside with the Little Guy for about 10 minutes (tops) and the pictures turned out so AMAZING! We will definitely be putting some in frames around the house. I just posted my favorites on here but you can see all of them on Facebook. Thank you so much Tio Adam!

Now onto the Little Guy


My little sweetheart, is a full on toddler. What does that mean? Exactly what you are thinking right now. Tantrums, crying, screaming, the whole thing (with the added occasional breath holding spell). But I really can't complain (okay, I can complain a little about the ER trips) he really is a terrific kid. Loved by everyone that meets him, because really... how can anyone not love him? He is infectious. It is impossible to not love him. Sure he drives me crazy a lot, but it is IMPOSSIBLE not to love him! This post may turn a little long, but as this is my blog to document our little family, I don't mind. Let's talk all about my Little Guy...


*He has to do EVERYTHING himself. I do mean everything. He has now taken to carrying around a popcorn tin (you the kind you get at Christmas) so that he can use it for things he can't reach. If you even try to help him with something he will freak out. The biggest thorn in my side, the car seat. Not only does he actually have to get up on the car seat by himself but he also has to clip the chest clip by himself. Failure to allow this to happen turns into a full catastrophic blow out. I can't even describe just how bad it is. Also a thorn at my side, mornings. Well... that's not true, it depends on the morning. This is a verbatim recreation of my mornings... Every morning

Anywhere from 7:30-9 AM he'll get up (usually I'm up before him or asleep on the couch so I am right next to him. I'll get up and go open the door to his "room"

LG: "Good morning, Mommy"
M: "Good morning sweetie. Are you pee pee? Let's change your diaper"
LG: "No, I get-ah diaper" runs into the bedroom (where Spencer is sleeping) to get a diaper 
M: Whispering "Spencer I already have a diaper out here, Daddy is sleeping"
LG: Now crying "No, I get-ah diaper"
M: No longer whispering, as it is too late "Fine, get a diaper but let's go Daddy is trying to sleep"
LG: Grabs a diaper and walks out of the room no longer crying but tears still streaming down his face "No I close the door!"
M: "Okay close the door" I whisper back into the room for Spencer, "I'm so sorry love, go back to sleep". Door gets slammed shut. We walk to the family room and I sit in the middle of the room waiting for him to come get his diaper change.... still waiting... "Spencer will you please come here, we have to change your diaper"
LG: "No, I come"
M: "Okay, come" finally comes to lay down in front of me. I can not touch him at any point as he is trying to adjust himself until he is in the "perfect" position
LG: "Mom, can you reach me?"
M: "Yes I can reach you, thank you". I start changing his diaper
LG: "I not poopie, I pee pee"
M: "Yes you are just pee pee"
LG: " I don't need wipes" 
M: "No, you don't need wipes"
LG: "I don't need bum lotion"
M: I check first, just in case "No, you don't need bum lotion" Finally done changing his diaper
LG: "No, I throw the diaper away"
M: Give him the diaper, "okay go throw the diaper away. Thank you"
LG: "You're welcome"
M: "Are you hungry? Let's get some breakfast"
LG: "No, I open the fridge"
M: "Okay, go open the fridge, I'll grab your sippy"
LG: "No, I grab a sippy"
M: "It's too high, I already got it, you open the fridge, please" 
LG: (he may or may not had starting crying over the sippy issue at this point)"I get the milk"
M: "No, it's too heavy let me get it"
LG: "It's too heavy?"
M: "Yes too heavy" I give him his sippy cup full of milk
LG: "No, I close the door" as the fridge door is still open at this point
M: "Okay, close the door... did you forget to say thank you?"
LG: Closes door, grabs sippy and starts drinking "Thank you"
M: "You're welcome"
LG:"It's my turn to watch TV?"
M: "Okay come watch TV" 
LG:"I need a 'cholchita' (mispronouncing the Spanish word for blanket). I need a pillow"
M; "Okay, here is a colchita and pillow"
LG: "I need Kitty"
M: "Okay, here's Kitty". He is finally sitting on the couch with his blanket, pillow, Kitty, and sippy. I turn on the TV 
LG: "I watch Doyah (Dora the Explorer)" As I go to change the change channel on the DVR to pull up a recording of Dora, he notices that Team Umizoomi is on "No, I watch Numi-Umi"
M: "Okay, let's watch Team Umizoomi"

This whole thing has taken about five minutes (if even that long). I say that this is verbatim and it is, the only thing that changes is the tone of our voices. If the Little Guy woke up in a good mood, then the conversation is happy and relaxed. If he woke up on the wrong side of the bed, the exact conversation takes place in a whiny, crying tone for the Little Guy and a really grumpy "Do what I say right now" tone for me. It is really funny for me to look back and consider this now because it really is the same exact same conversation, although it can happen with him full on sobbing the entire time. What a goose. Here is a picture of our mornings

 ^^See, I'm not making this stuff up, this was a good morning^^


*Food. His favorite food is pizza (for the most part). Usually pizza is always a winner but there are times when he'll even be a stinker about that. He actually does like a lot of things
  • Any type of pasta ("Mom I want noodles")
  •  Papas (fries)
  •  Mac N Cheese (which is obviously different that just noodles)
  • Grilled Cheese sandwiches
  • Tortillas (Quesadillas). Really I make him eat the quesadilla, there is a reason that he calls them 'tortillas' and that is because he just wants to eat a plain floor tortilla with nothing on it. I make him eat it with the cheese
  • I don't know if I should even put this (definitely not brag about it) but he knows his order at McDonald's (Old McDonald's as he calls it) to the letter. "Mom I want a happy meal, burger, no pickles. no onions, chocolate milk, go-gurt... for a boy

*We are getting really close to being ready for potty training. He recognizes when he needs his diaper change and when he is about to go poopy but wants nothing to do with the toilet right now. I have sat him down a couple of times after I got him undressed for a bath but he really doesn't like it. I am trying to stay away from anything that will scare him and make the process harder. Once Little Sister is born we'll see if we can hit it pretty hard. (As we would really like to stay away from having to buy two sizes of diapers for too long)


*His favorite games/activities
  • I don't know if running around counts, but it should as it is by far his favorite game. If you have ever seen ANY video that Spencer has put on the Facebook, you know that he is constantly on the move. Whether it is outside or inside, he will just run... in circles... like a puppy
  • MegaBlocks. Boy do we love MegaBlocks at our house. The poor Little Guy has just about the least creative Mommy ever though. The constant "Mom, help me" is not that great for him as my way of helping is just handing him the blocks. SIDE NOTE: I got super exited the other day when I heard that MegaBlocks actually has an APP that gives all of the ideas and tells you how to build things. Of course, it is only for Apple. Stupid MegaBlocks
  • Reading. I love that my Little Guy loves to read. He went through a phase in which he just wanted to read by himself and would not let anyone read to him but he's back to letting me read (for the most part) "Mom, read to me"
  • Being outside. He loves being outside. He can just be out there with no toys running around or up and down the hill in our backyard. Parks are his favorite though, we can just turn him loose (or we could, but I'm super overprotective and always afraid he is going to fall, so we follow him around). He will point out every park we pass on the road "Mom, a playground. We go to playground?"
  • He's pretty chill for the most part and will play with just about everything
  • Jumping. Boy does he love to jump! On the couch, on the bed, on the floor, off things and specially on the tramp

*Kitty/the 'Friends'. Kitty deserves his own section really. It is really amazing how much my son loves this stuff cat. He goes everywhere, plays all the games, and is constantly being hugged and kissed. To be honest, it kind of grosses me out. Kitty takes a bath at least once a week and I don't really think that is enough. I just hate how the Little Guy will sleep with him (and I mean cuddling him the whole time) after Kitty was dropped down the concrete stairs in our garage or sitting at a grocery cart at Walmart. I guess Kitty is providing the Little Guy with some extra antibody production right?... it's still pretty gross, specially since I have to give Kitty hugs and kisses and bedtime too. The Little Guy will even speak cat to him and talk in meows. It's that intense. The other day I was sleeping on the couch and around 4 AM the Little Guy woke me up with "Mom... Mom... I need help, I lost Kitty" So I walked into his room he was standing on his bed against the wall nearly in tears "I lost Kitty!" I helped him find Kitty (who was just under the blankets) and he went right back to sleep. 

The rest of the friends stay on the bed throughout the day. I say 'friends' because that is what the Little Guy says. He calls them his friends, and his friends they are. He will talk to them every night before falling asleep. His new bear (the one from Build a Bear Workshop) is gaining ground over the rest of the friends (of course no where near Kitty). He will actually come out of the Little Guy's bed and actually go places, although he stays in the car.


*Music. We (Spencer and I, and just about everyone else) are just blown away by the Little Guy's musical ability. There are really no words to describe it. He loves everything about music and all types of music and he is SO GOOD AT IT! You've seen all of the videos and heard all of the stories, so I'll just touch on his newest thing... Beat-boxing. Seriously. It's amazing. I don't know who he is able to keep the beat like that. He will just walk around the house beat-boxing his own tune or pretending to be playing an invisible drum. One of our favorite things to do in the car when it is just the two of us is for him to beat box the tune from "Yeah" by Usher while I actually sing the lyrics. I am talking the ENTIRE song! Seriously. I wish there was a way for me to catch it on video (although it is probably not great that he knows that song in the first place). I will also mention his favorite song right now... "The Lion Sleeps tonight" by the Tokens. We like to listen to that song when we are getting ready in the morning and take turns singing the lyrics of the song and the beat. Although his drumming is not a problem by any means,  it can come at some inappropriate times, for example, when he drums on the chairs to the last hymn in Sacrament Meeting.  So cute. Note quite reverent. But Cute.


Now for some random facts/quotes:

He will talk to his friends for about an hour before falling asleep (whether it is nap time or bedtime)

If he doesn't get a nap in... Goodness help us

Loves Nursery! seriously. That is what we threaten him with to keep him quite during Sacrament. As in, "If you are not good, we will just go home and you won't go to nursery"

Repeats and understands everything. We've been having to watch what we say. The other day I called someone who cut me off while driving dumb and I immediately heard back "Mom, that car really dumb?" Oops. I guess I at least didn't say something worse

When he asks a question, he expects a complete answer to make sure he was understood. Yes or no does not work for him and he will just ask the question again

M: "Let's go make dinner"
LG: " No, I don't want to make dinner. We have ice cream for dinner"

As I try to kiss him the other day... "No Mom, I no talking to you"


We found a rattle and baby ball the other day among his toys and I convinced him that we needed to leave them for Little Sister. So we put them in the dishwasher to clean them and the next time he saw them he told Spencer "Dad, I give those to Little Sister"

He can definitely be reasoned with as long as he is getting something out of the deal. He is like a mafia boss in that way

He knows that he is not allowed to watch Spongebob Squarepants and when he sees it on he always says "No Spongebob, that's a bad show"

He is still scared of the blow dryer and will run away when I pull it out but he is not scared of the vacuum anymore

Spencer is everything in his eyes. He is constantly talking and asking about him. He will also mind and respect EVERYTHING Dad says, something that makes me quite jealous as I get a fit over everything

Driving to the Keele's house, Little Sister kicked me hard enough for me to react
LG: "What's wrong Mommy?"
M: "Little Sister kicked me. She is saying 'let me out'"
LG: "No, a not time yet Little Sister. A not time yet. Mommy is driving"


Does not allow the radio in the car... unless Dad is the one that turns it on, of course. Apparently I do not have good taste in music and he will cry over my choices

Loves to go on walks with me and will hold my hand the entire time

I could seriously go on forever talking about my Little Guy. He is such a fun, special kid. We are seriously so lucky to have him in our lives. I know that he is going to be the best big brother ever as he is already worried about his Little Sister. We really lucked out with him... he is a good one.

Comments

  1. Great post! You will be so happy to be able to remember all of those things! I love that kid!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts