Thirty-Seven!

I honestly did not think that I would actually make it to 37 weeks. I though that eventually my body would just shut down and not be able to handle it but...hey... here we are. Full term baby! Oh yeah... feeling pretty good about myself. Obviously things are not great and there is still a lot of pregnancy crap going on but as I  told Dr. McBride yesterday, I really have no room to complain. Comparing to how things have been, I am doing better than great (besides I wouldn't want to accidentally bring back the major bad things by complaining about the little bad things happening right now). Not to mention it is almost all over and we will actually get to start enjoying our Little Sister! That being said...

There is a reason as to why it has been so long since the last preggy update and why I was MIA from blogging altogether for a while (besides our super fun trip to the ER that is). When I went in for my appointment on the 1st (at 33 weeks) things were not looking great. The doctor was worried that Little Sister was not growing enough and ordered an ultrasound to make sure everything was okay. I tried my best to take it as a "Yay, I we get to see her again" situation, but I was actually freaking out. Selfishly freaking out that is. This whole pregnancy I have been super sick but to this day have still avoided my biggest fear... Bed Rest. I honestly could not think of anything more horrible at the time (selfish, I know).  To have that even be a possibility was enough to have my hyperventilating with worry. Lucky for us (and especially me) although she is in fact small (only measuring as if I was at 34 weeks instead of 37) she is still growing and everything looks really good. Oh and she is still a girl. Crisis averted.

Everything is looking great now, I am already dilated to about a 2 and 50% effaced (yeah, we were shocked when we heard that as with the Little Guy I don't think I had reached a 2 at 40 weeks). I see the doctor again next week and if everything is still looking good he will set up to have me induced the week after. We even get to pick up day that would work for us best (if she doesn't come before that, of course). As of right now, I can't speak for Spencer, but I'm pretty pumped and not even freaking out yet. I did have a bit of a panic attack when I woke up on the morning marking week 35 and realized that we had nothing ready;  but after going into super nesting overdrive mode and spending the past two weeks getting "ready" I am feeling much better. I put ready in quotations because we are no where near "Ready" however if Little Sister decided to come right now, we would at least survive it. Here are some pictures of my super crazy nesting.

^^The Little Guy helped me put together the bassinet (how nice is it that I already have a child and he had a lot of gender neutral things. I really didn't have to buy anything big. ^^

The Little Guy has been doing this new thing in which he tells me things in a really patronizing way like I'm an idiot for not seeing it myself (I promise I do NOT treat him like that ever. I don't know where he has gotten it from). So we put the bassinet together and just left it to side since all of the fabric part hadn't come out of the wash yet and he just looked at me and said (in his super patronizing voice) "Mom, Little Sister is going to fall out!"I tried to explain to him that it wasn't ready yet but until he said it ready for himself, he didn't believe me. I guess it is a good thing that he is looking out for his little sister right?

 ^^Kitty was the perfect test pilot make sure everything was put back together correctly after it was washed. Since we really have no room in our apartment (and because I didn't want the Little Guy messing with anything) we decided to just put everything in Grandma and Grandpa's spare room until Little Sister is born and then we will bring everything out. ^^

The next thing on the list was packing the hospital bags (yes plural). I woke up that morning and about had a panic attack when I realized that since the Little Guy would be staying with the grandparents/abuelos while we were at the hospital I, he would also need a bag

^^Yes, this is how OCD I am. Everything is separated and labeled into its own bags. I even labeled the outfit for him to wear to the hospital when he comes to visit^^


Then it was my turn. I am doing things a little differently this time around. I only have a one small bag that I was able to fit everything into for both labor and delivery. I'm also packing my own pjs to wear at the hospital. I really didn't mind wearing the hospital gowns that much but I felt like I was always adjusting them. Comfy, really inexpensive ones from Walmart are packed away this time. Of course there are somethings that I couldn't pack away just yet, i.e. the lap top, my wallet, make up etc, so I just made a list of those things and put it on top of the bag. Side note: Every time someone asks me what I recommend packing to the hospital, I always say "your make up hair stuff". I can not even being to describe the incredible feeling that it was to be able to do my hair and make up every day and just feel like a human being

^^I used Spencer's basketball bag since it was the perfect size. My poor husband will have to make due with plastic bags until Little Sister is born^^

And here is what I look like at 37 weeks... well 36 and 6 days since we actually took the picture last night.

^^ It is so weird for me to hear that I'm measuring small, I feel like I'm twice as big as I was with the Little Guy. Not to mention twice as uncomfortable. I didn't mention this earlier but at the ultrasound, we found that Little Sister is really far down and in perfect position to be born at anytime. Which is the reason that I have been having so much pelvic pain^^

Onto some fun preggy facts.

How far along: 37 weeks today

Weight Gain: I have gained a total of 12 pounds so far this pregnancy. Not great... but at least I have gained something right?

Maternity Clothes: so I am going crazy with maternity pants! I loved them last pregnancy but now I hate anything touching my belly so I have to wear them with the panel down which, of course, doesn't work and they fall. The result, (as I refuse to spend more money on clothes when we are so close to the date) I spend all day pulling them up at home and then just bare through it when we are out (and when I say "at home" that includes the car and both family houses.If your family, I really don't mind you seeing me pulling my pants up constantly. Not to mention, drying is just plain impossible with that panel up. I feel like I'm suffocating)

Movement: I honestly can not think of a time when she is not moving, She is crazy. It is literally the scene from "Alien" and she is trying to break out. So creepy to watch. So painful to experience.

Food Cravings: since my last post I have gone through several. Right now I would say that it is strawberries and vanilla ice cream with hot fudge. Although both of these have even died down in the last couple of days.

Bellybutton: 100% outie. I know for a fact it is not stick out like this with the Little Guy and for someone whose bellybutton is super inie, the change is hard to adjust too.

Swelling: I had to stop wearing my wedding ring, it is a sensitive subject and I don't want to talk about it. Also my feet have been swelling a little. I am no where near having cankels but my ankles are a little less pronounced.

What I miss: sleep... which bring me to...

Sleep: another sensitive subject. All I'm going to say about it is that I have cried myself to sleep more than once, and I cry because I can't fall asleep. I'm like a baby like that.

Looking forward to: seeing what Little Sister is going to look like! With the Little Guy we had no idea what he was going to look like but now we actually have him as a reference. I wonder if she is just looking to look like the girl version of him (which really wouldn't be a bad thing since he is so "pretty" he could totally pass as a girl) or if it is going to be just completely the opposite to the point where you can't even tell they are siblings (like me and my siblings for example)

What I'm loving: having some independence back (as much as you can have being 8 months pregnant with a toddler that is). I can once again drive places, go to the store, get chores done around the house... see I really can't complain.

I guess I should take some time and talk about a name for Little Sister as we are still calling her "Little Sister". We are having a really hard time. It is just that nothing seems quite right. Since my "she could come at any time and we are nowhere near ready" scare, I have made us crack down a pick a "just in case" name. So we have something that we both really like ready (and no we are not telling anyone since it is still subject to change) but we can not bring ourselves to say "Yes, that is the name". We are just not quite convinced yet. I guess we'll just have to wait to see her.

There are so many things I want to blog about before Little Sister comes, but I'll try to squeeze in another pregnancy update before that day.

Comments

Popular Posts