Week 30

"Life is to be enjoyed... not just endured in the bathroom throwing up" - Gordon B. Hinckley

Okay, so I may have paraphrased the quote a little but can I just say how much more enjoyable it has this past 3 weeks when I have been throwing up a whole heck of a lot less. Of course I still have really bad days every so often but for the most part the days are "good" (as good as they can get considering the fact that I still pregnant). It is amazing to actually feel like a human being again (for the most part). What has brought on my nicer time... don't know, don't care... I'm too busy enjoying it. Of course I do still have all of the bad things like I'm huge, I don't sleep and pictures of myself make me cry but after wanting to die for the past 6 months from the fact that I was so sick I really can't complain... it just wouldn't be fair. Here is the latest update (yes, I am a sticking with the pre-made blog questions, it is just easier that way) 

How far along: 30 weeks and 4 days

Baby Girl is as big as:  a butternut squash (ironically enough I have been craving some good butternut squash soup since last Thursday)

Weight Gain: I've actually put on about 4 pounds since last month (yay progress)

Maternity Clothes: like anything else would fit. I literally got to the point when I had one pair of pants and nothing else (not even a skirt) to wear as bottoms. I almost had to go out in buy clothes in pajamas

Movement: Holy cow this girl is active! I guess she will be a crazy energizer bunny like her brother

Labor Signs: I had actually been doing okay and not having any cramps or contractions in the last weeks until this passed Wednesday. It was a little scary because they felt different and were a lot harder than before but I just saw the doctor and everything is okay as far as we could see.

Food Cravings: Easter candy of course. Primarily, Cadburry mini eggs. I have probably eaten WAY more than I should have

Bellybutton: The best way I can describe my belly bottom right now is when you are driving and see a pot hole on the road that is shallow enough that the city does not make it a priority but you just know someone is going to end up popping and tire on the thing and you are just happy that it was not you today.

Swelling: Still only my fingers at night

What I miss: Not being so hot all the time. I seriously feel like I am on fire ALL OF THE TIME!

Sleep: nothing but a five letter word that is not longer part of my life... and unfortunately, Spencer has been suffering too since I move around and get up so much.

Looking forward to: finding the right name. Just nothing sounds quite right

What I'm loving: Being a mom to the Little Guy again (for the most part). It feels so good to be able to pay attention to him whenever he wants it, and read with him, and take him places, etc.

Here is my latest "bump" picture it is from Easter Sunday. The dress that I am wearing (by the way) is in fact a maternity dress as well. I also did not have a single item of church clothing that fit and had to buy some. I now own only this dress, so look forward to seeing it in all pictures in which I am "dressed up" for the next 3 months.



Meanwhile, in my preggy state, I have recently discovered a YouTube channel called What's Up Moms? They are hilarious and full of fun tips. Here is 5 things that you shouldn't say to pregnant woman and let me just say that I agree with them 100%, specially the sleep one. Telling a preggy girl that she should enjoy her sleep now is just mean!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts