Did You know I was I pregnant?

I did.

I actually knew right away. The funny thing is that with the Little Guy I knew right away but not even close as right away as I knew with this one. The two pregnancies have been night and day. Holy cow you do not even know! Everyone is convinced it is a girl just because of all of the differences even Dr. McBride. 

Well as it turns out, they were right!!!! It is a GIRL!

(no we do not have a name yet... we keep going back and forth on a couple but we haven't quite found the right match yet)

I keep having mixed feelings about it. On the day that we found out I was lying awake in bed at night and couldn't help thinking... "Oh I hope she is pretty and that boys will like her... What the heck?! I don't want that... But I also wanted her to get asked on dates and dances... but I don't want her going out all the time... and I don't want her to be all about her looks... but I also don't want her to sick and cry at home when she doesn't get asked to Homecoming (true story)... I can't believe I just said I hope my daughter is pretty... of course she'll be pretty... and I can't buy her cool clothes and make up... Oh my gosh it is all about her looks again... she needs to just be herself... but what if she doesn't have friends..." and that's when I woke Spencer up in a panic.

It is just a hard situation. I don't what to want for my daughter. I tell Spencer that he was pretty popular in high school so he doesn't get it (and even if he hadn't been he probably wouldn't have cared), but high school (all school really was different for me. It really feels like the end of the world when the boy you like in 5th grade comes up and tells you that you are pretty...pretty ugly. Or when you sit alone on the Saturday of a big dance. Or when your first kiss is not until you are 21 and not because you were purposely saving it but because there was never an opportunity. And it is not only the dating thing I have to worry about; am I going to be able to instill the important of modesty in her enough that it will not be constant battle at our house? Is she going to hate me when she has a curfew on Saturday night that she has to be home before it turns into Sunday?

There is so much stuff!

I guess all I can do is try. With the Little Guy I had no idea what to except (and I still don't) and that was really scary. As it turns out, knowing what to except is a lot more scary. A LOT MORE!

Moving on to a little (not much) less stressful things... I am on my third good day in a row which is more than I have been able to say for my entire pregnancy so far. I can't stand to have any hope for days to come I just take one day at a time. As I said in my previous blog, this pregnancy has been a lot worse than the Little Guy's. A lot different as well... such as (but not limited to)

Throwing up- I though that I had thrown up a lot with the Little Guy, it turns out I really had no idea how bad it could get. The worst thing in the world seem to have to drive with a garbage can whenever I went but as it turns out not leaving the bathroom at all it is a lot worse. I have lost a lot of weight (obviously).

Zofran- With the Little Guy I tried Zofran but it just made me really sleepy so I never used it; with this baby I can't not function without it. I still throw up a lot even with it but not to the point that I do without it; and it doesn't even make me sleepy. Imagine my anxiety account when all the crap going around Zofran causing birth defects has come out. I immediately emailed my doctor.

Acne- they say that it is a myth that you break-out a lot more when it is a girl but I sure believe it. It has actually settled down some now but the first couple of month was really bad for me. I really don't think that I have ever had that many constant zits before.

Bread- if you know me at all, you know I have some sort of a bad obsession with bread (well had) and when the I was pregnant with the Little Guy it went into super overdrive. Not only am I not obsessed with bread anymore but I don't even like it that much. I'll still eat it but it is more like... meh. It is such a weird feeling for me (yes I really love bread that much)

Shrimp- the weird thing happened to me at Christmas.... seriously it has been the weirdest thing this whole pregnancy. Let me start by saying that I don't like seafood, any kind of sea food. Ever. That being said, Spencer loves seafood and for some reason thinks it major for me to try it every time. Christmas Eve was no different. However.... when I tried the shrimp, not only did it not taste like shrimp... but it delicious! How weird is that?! I ended up eating quite a bit. How weird is that?! And it wasn't an isolated incident, the same thing happened at the Little Guy's birthday party. I guess that is what Bella felt like when she was drinking blood. The baby needs what she needs I guess (sorry for the Twilight reference by the way)

Bump- With the Little Guy I didn't have to even think about maternity clothing until I was about 8 1/2 months. Imagine my surprise when I couldn't fit into my pants anymore at 4 months.(See)



Showering- I never in a million years thought that I would actually HATE taking a shower. Actually "hate" is not the correct word for it. Taking a shower is nothing short of torture. I really can't pin point what it is that makes it so horrible... it just is. One would think that because it is bad I would only take super quick showers but quick showers are even worse.

Acid Re-flux/Heartburn: I thought I had really bad heartburn with the Little Guy but, boy, I had no idea. I carry Tums wherever I have been up in the middle of the night drinking tea trying to settle my stomach. (Ideas are welcomed by the way)

The Little Guy Himself- What a difference it makes having the Little Guy already. When I was pregnant with him, Spencer would work until about 1 in the morning every night so I would get home from work, eat something, get in bed and watched TV until I fell asleep. I definitely can not do that with the Little Guy. Just because I spent most of the night throwing up doesn't mean that the Little Guy will not need to be fed and given attention the next day.

I'm sure that there are a lot more differences but I can't think of them right now. I do feel bad because with the Little Guy I made such a big deal about blogging and bump pictures and that jazz but I haven't been able to do anything like that. That being said, (with my apologies) I will use a pregnancy blog questionnaire I found online.

How far along: 26 weeks and 3 day
Baby Girl is as big as:  a turnip (kind of a weird thing to compare the baby to but that's what it says on the app on my phone (hey that's another difference in this pregnancy... I actually have a phone that can have a pregnancy app)
Weight Gain: between loosing 4 pounds in Dec, gaining 1 pound back in Jan and keeping it in Feb... as of right now, I have a net weight gain of -3 (not good)
Maternity Clothes: yes.. I look silly in anything else like a poorly tied sausage
Movement: Around 9 every night Baby Girl decides that she has had enough with being inside me and tries to make a break for it
Labor Signs: yes... that has been a scary and touchy subject but as far as we and the Doctor can tell everything seems to be okay
Food Cravings: Fruit. Anything slushy or juicy really. Oh and popcorn... I can't get enough of the stuff
Bellybutton: pretty shallow, it is hard to keep my finger out of it when my bare tummy is showing. It is just weird to have just a shallow bellybutton
Swelling: just my fingers and only at night. I have been having to take my ring off at night or I'll wake up in the middle of the night because it will be hurting
What I miss: being able to make plans. I can't really plan on anything because I never know how I am going to be feeling. Every time someone invites us to something I can only say "I'll try my best but I can't make any promises"
Sleep: yeah right
Looking forward to: the sickness to finally be over. Hopefully that will actually be BEFORE the baby is born
What I'm loving: seeing all of the cute girl clothes possibilities. I have yet to buy something because for some reason I have it in my head that the first thing I buy has to be special and I haven't quite found it yet

I really will try to be better about pregnancy updates.... for real... I promise

Comments

  1. I hope it's okay that I stopped by your blog since your mom posted a link to it. Reading about your hard pregnancy reminds me of mine. NO fun! Glad I made it through all that. When I learned that I was having a girl, I worried that she would be pretty, talented and popular and that I'd be so jealous of her since I never was. My daughter is, but luckily, I'm glad for her. But at the same time that brings challenges like you mention, and she definitely doesn't like the rules about modesty, curfews, dating, all of it. Being a parent is a lot of work and worry, but it's really amazing. I really hope your pregnancy gets easier soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little girl will be so loved by so many that even if she doesn't get asked to Homecoming she will know that she is amazing:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts