A perfect Valentine's Weekend

We had been hoping to go to St. George the weekend before Valentine's Day with the Keeles but I was just too sick to even consider the drive. It was a super bummer because I had been looking forward to the trip for a while, not to mention Grandma and Grandpa Swenson were exited to be able to see the Little Guy. Lucky for us, I was feeling a lot better by the following weekend and it all just came together. It was an even better time because with President's Day the following Monday we actually came back on Monday and got an extra day in St. George. So we convinced Julie and Julianna to come along (Mark had gigs on both Friday and Saturday night) and drove down. We were so happy to see Grandma and Grandpa specially the Little Guy, he spent as much time as possible with them.





We got our Superbowl shirts right before we went down so we just had to take a picture. The Little Guy's shirt is way too big but still SO CUTE!


Saturday Morning we went shopping at the outlet malls. We got some really cute clothes for the Little Guy including a new swimsuit.





Then it was Swig and The Habbit time. So good!!!! I forget just how good!



Everyone played the marble game while the Little Guy took a nap (but I didn't fall asleep before taking a picture). It was Grandma, Grandpa and Julie versus Spencer, Julianna and Aubrey (had I mentioned that Aubrey came along). It was told it was super intense and the battle continued with two more games (for the life of me I can't remember who the ultimate champions were)


Once the Little Guy woke up, we made a trip to the Children's Museum. It was our first time there and man I wish we would have gone with more time. There are so many cool things. We just let the Little Guy explore what he wanted on his own and followed him around. He had a blast






We got to have some fun too




After the museum closed, we walked around Main St. It was pretty fun to see all of the old buildings  and the weather could not have been more perfect




As soon as he got on this horse he sang "Rapido caballo, rapido!" (it is a Dora and Friends reference)



It was a pretty perfect Valentine's Day



Sunday we took it easy and played games until Julie and the girls had to go home (Julie had to work on Monday so they didn't get an extra day). After they were gone, we took the Little Guy to the park. Sorry there are no pictures but we were really just having too much fun. I didn't even think about it. On Monday, Grandma and Grandpa took us out to eat at Chuck A Rama before we left. So tasty.


All in all a perfect weekend. I was literally in tears when we had to go home. Imagine throwing up for months with no relief and out of no where you feel so great and have a terrific weekend. I was 100% serious in us just packing up and moving down there for good.

To make matters worse, I threw up a lot on the drive home. The drive!

I was super sick by the time we got to the Keele's in Spanish Fork so we decided that the Little Guy and should just stay at the Tita's. I spent the rest of the week so sick. There was more than once that I grabbed our suitcase and made the decision to move to St. George for good. To make matters worse, the Little Guy got a bout of stomach flu from the kids that Laura babysits.

It was the first time that the Little Guy was sick and could actually talk about it. Saddest thing EVER! He stared with "Mommy my tummy hurts" and it went down from there. The saddest thing was when he was throwing up and said "Excuse" I about started crying. Thankfully it only lasted about 7 hours. By the time he woke up the next morning he still didn't want to eat but at least he wasn't throwing up anymore.


My poor Little Guy

Comments

Popular Posts