50 Shades of Awkward

I was thinking about our awesome St. George trip for Valentine's Day (and looking over pictures of the previous blog post) and I remembered the worst part of the trip... when I had to explain to Grandma was 50 Shades of Grey was about (is there any wonder as to why I forgot about it) Let me just say that no one should have to explain to their grandparents what this movie is about... that being said, it is a pretty funny story so I thought I would share.

As you all know, the big talk to of Valentine's Day weekend was the opening of 50 Shades of Grey and it was ALL OVER the news. ALL OVER (and Grandma and Grandpa like to watch a LOT of news). Well Grandma kept talking about it and talking about it and saying how it was all about beating up your wife... etc and (not because I was defending the movie by any means but,) it was time to set her straight. Thank goodness Grandma is an extremely intelligent and perceptive woman and it did not take much explaining. It went something along the lines off...

Grandma: (Reacting to what was just said on the news) This is horrible... I bet that is how ISIS treats its women
Me: That's not what it's about Grandma
Grandma: What  do you mean?
Me: The movie is not about beating up your wife. It's supposed to be a... mutual thing
Grandma: What?
Me: It's a mutual thing...in the bedroom
Grandma: (let's that sink in for a second) Eww
Me: Yeah
Grandma: And people read that?
Me: It's pretty popular
Grandma: Who wrote that?... It must be a man
Me: Actually, I think it was a woman
Spencer (who was also in the room): yeah I am pretty sure it was it was a woman
Grandma: Mmmm.... (mulls it over for a minute) ....must be a prostitute

and Spencer and I had to hide our laughter.

I love you Grandma Swenson

Comments

  1. HAHAHAHA!!!!!! That is awesome!!!!! OH man haha. I would've busted a gut for sure. Great way to explain it though saying it was "mutual" Haha. I am so glad the hype over 50 shades is over. hopefully they don't make any more of them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts