Everyday A New Adventure

What a fun week this has been. It seems like everyday day has been a new adventure. First of all, the new blog? It's happening. I am currently in the process of nailing down all the details and design. I can't wait for you all to see it. Second: I got a new job! I still work at the same place but I now will working in Customer Service. I am so excited, it is a very nice pay raise (if you don't mind bragging). I keep having anxiety attacks a little bit though. In order sales whenever I didn't know something I would transfer to Customer Service; I don't have that anymore. It'll be about three weeks of training before I officially start.

Other than that it was a pretty random week. Spencer is all done with school for the summer and did really well on his finals :) He is still working at Mountainville until school gets out at the end of May but if you know of a job he could do this summer we'll greatly appreciate it. 

Here is my husband after finals were over ( I don't know what Nate's excuse is) what can I say? like brother, like brother 

The weather has been so crazy, it will look like it's really nice outside but it is actually really cold. Unfortunately, the Little Guy does not understand that and he just wants to go play outside


Thankfully, Saturday was nice enough to garden :) I helped Grandpa plant (look for that post in the new blog) and even got my own spot in the garden. I decided to go with herbs for some delicious cooking

Top left: spearmint / top right: cilantro / bottom left: flat-leaf parsley / bottom right: basil


I even got to plant some flowers by our windowsill here is the before picture


and after :)




Saturday evening we invited the Olsens over for a picnic at the park. Of course, with all my fun planting, we were running super behind and Spencer was not home when they got there as he had to go out to get croissants for the chicken sandwiches. Luckily, we had Frozen to keep the kids entertained.


Dinner was: chicken sandwiches, chips, tomato-cheese-olive-basil salad (fresh basil from my garden thank you very much), and chocolate chip cookies. So tasty!


The Little Guy loves Doritos! He actually has a little bit of an obsession with them. I never have them at home but whenever he sees the bag he goes crazy. I have to cut them up in small pieces since I am afraid that he will hurt his gums, but he usually eats the equivalent to 5 or 6 chips. CRAZY!


Reagan and the Little Guy like each other up to a certain point. And that point is sharing. I think it is great that they hang out! Sharing is something that I worry about with the Little Guy since he doesn't have kids that he plays with. Michelle is of the mind set of letting them figure it out for themselves and interviewing if we have to. This is a healthy thing for both only-children :)





Spencer ran home and got his tennis rackets so that he and Kyle could play for a while. They played until it had gotten too dark and the kids were ready to go home


Sunday, we had TWO baby blessings at the same time! And they were both people that were important to us. We went back and forth on what to do all week and in the end decided to split up. Spencer went to baby Everett's blessing (Spencer and Allie Carlson's son) in Springville and the Little Guy and I went to baby Olivia's blessing (my cousin Melisa's daughter) in Eagle Mountain. Although I missed Spencer terribly, it was so nice to sit with my family during Sacrament meeting, specially since Ariel took the Little Guy and played with him the entire time while I was able to actually listen to the testimonies! Meanwhile, it had been a really long time since I went to a Spanish Ward; it was almost a surprise every time someone started talking and they were not speaking english.


This lady with my mom is named Marie Comba. She was my mom's young women's leader growing up and they are still really good friends. I love talking to her, she is always nice and sweet but straight to the point.


Unfortunately I do have any pictures of the Carlson's baby blessing, but Spencer had a great time

Comments

  1. The picnic was a blast! I'm glad they play once in a while. Reagan hates to share too! lol Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts