When Spring springs

What a crazy two weeks this has been. The weather has been a mystery every day but we have able to take advantage of the nice days as best as we can. The Little Guy LOVES being outside and I love how much it fun he has (not to mention how much it wears him out) so we have been spending as much time as possible outdoors.

The Little Guy loves basketball. In the picture below we had just pulled up to the Keele's house and Nathan was outside playing. As soon as he got out of the car, the Little Guy ran to get the ball from him but Nate was smarter and got a different ball that was a little bit smaller and lighter. The problem arose when Nate continued to make shots and the Little Guy could not (the hoop was set to regulation height after all). He then stared chasing Nathan around for his ball. Obviously they were different because the one he had was not going through the basket.


Uncle Nathan was a good sport though


The backyard is the Little Guy's favorite place right now. We will spend hours out there at a time. Grandma and Grandpa are so patient and willing just play with him and they never get bored. They are so great.






If you have seen our backyard, it has a hill that goes all around it. The Little Guy thinks he is really cool because he can climb it. It is such a big challenge for him, he is really little after all.


You might remember a post a year go about me having to go to the emergency room (you can refresh your mind HERE), well I really hope this is not becoming a pattern for us. Last Wednesday (the 16th) we were at my parents' house and the Little Guy had one of his Breath Holding Spells but it was way worse than any he has ever had. The scariest thing was that he actually started shaking. I thought for sure he was having a seizure so we called 911. When he paramedics got there his oxygen was way too low so we have to take him to the ER. I had never been in a ambulance before and I never want to do it again. We didn't not have to have the sirens on but they had me sit strapped down on the gurney holding the Little Guy. We were at the hospital for about 3 1/2 hours. It was awful. The Little Guy cried for 85% of the time. The good thing that came out of it was that they ran a bunch of test and there is really nothing wrong with him, he is just holding his breath (he didn't even have a seizure). There is just nothing we can do to spot this from happening. The doctor told me how to tell when the is holding his breath or if he is actually having a seizure and said that he can NOT die from holding his breath so that was comforting. We found out that there have also been studies pinpointing kids with low iron having this problem so we are pumping iron at our house now (just a little joke to ease the scare). This is really something I would NEVER wish on ANYONE! It was especially hard for my sisters who were at home with us when it happened. I was actually calm the whole time this was happening, but I just lost it once I was showered and in bed. I can only wish that he will subconsciously remember how bad it was for him and how upset he was that he will not do it again.

But on to happier things

Easter is my favorite part of spring. I just love getting together with family. This is the Little Guy's basket. The Bunny didn't think he needed a bunch of candy since he was going to be getting some at the egg hunt any way so he got a new church outfit and the Frozen soundtrack (which was a huge hit. It is constantly playing in our car). He got to pick out his basket himself and he learned how to say basket in the process. It was a little bit of a struggle when he and I woke up early on Sunday and let Spencer sleep in. I had left it out for him so as soon as he saw it he ran for it, but I didn't want to give it to him without Spencer so it was quickly made disappeared.


I couldn't get either of my boys to smile.... crazy guys, don't they know how important pictures are to us.

I am in a little bit of a cupcake craze. I got his AMAZING trick for cupcakes from my friend Annie's blog (check it out HERE) and then had a lot of fun decorating them.




Easter Dinner was at Grandma and Grandpa's house (our favorite place to have it since it involves us simply going upstairs). Grandma made teriyaki chicken and everyone brought side dishes.


I really wish this picture wasn't so blurry. The Little Guy's face is awesome.


He got to spend most of the time outside playing with Aunt Julianna




Taylor with little baby Rowan. This was the first time I got to meet Rowan. Jennifer had decided (with good reason as it was snowing) to not bring him to the last dinner


Hiding Eggs! Although "hiding" is used loosely, we really just threw the eggs on the ground



EGG HUNT TIME!!!!! The Little had so much fun! We let him and baby Ben go out a couple of minutes before the older kids so that they actually had a chance. We just let him walk by himself and pick up the eggs he wanted. Julianna walked behind him the whole time carrying his basket. I was so surprise with how well he understood that once he picked it up he need it to put inside the basket.






He even found the hard ones



I have a video but Blogger is being a poopy pants and does not want to upload it




All the kids. We were expecting more kids so everyone got a LOT of eggs. Not really a bad thing


Comments

  1. Oh goodness! So sorry to hear about your ER trip :( So scary! But i'm glad everything turned out ok! He looks so handsome in his Easter outfit :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts