As Sisters in Zion

Ever since I turned 18, my mom and I started the tradition of going to the Relief Society General Conference together and then going to eat afterwards. Laura joined us when she was 18 and then Julie when I got married. Well this weekend, my group a lot bigger... a LOT. With the change of the "Relief Society General Conference" changing to the "Women General Conference", by group now included: Veronica, Stefani, and Julianna (plus friends). I'm not going to lie, I was a little hesitant by the change (maybe even a little bit bitter) but man, was it a great conference! 

How great is Julie's face in this picture?


Since we did have Veronica, we had to pick a place for dinner that offered gluten free options. The perfect solution... HuHot. Boy I love that place! Veronica felt bad since they put so much effort in cleaning the grill for us, but that didn't stop us from going up to get food three times. It is so good!



So we freaking love Frozen at our house (and by "we" I mean the Little Guy and I. Spencer likes it but no where close to the caliber of our love). Here is how the Little Guy watches the movie. Notice all the toys are are being ignored.


Grandma Swenson told me on Thursday that the Keeles were coming over dinner on Sunday as a sort of pot luck and that Colin (Spencer's cousin) and his family were coming too. Well, little did everyone know she surprised us all and invited EVERYONE! It was such a fun family gathering. We hadn't all been together since Christmas. After dinner, Mikey put on a game of charades for everyone. Here is a picture of us acting out "bubblegum"


It was really fun because everyone got into to it


The Little Guy enjoyed the game standing on top of the table


After all the adults were done playing (out team won), it was the kid's turn. Mikey would take all the kids and show them card and then we all guessed. This part of the game was actually even funner than the first part. Sorry there is no good picture, they would not stay still enough to capture the moment


The Little Guy went to the doctor today for his 15 month check-up and he is doing great.

Here are his Stats

HEIGHT: 30' 1/2" 25%
WEIGHT: 20 lbs 12%
HEAD SIZE: 18 3/4" 73%
HE CAN: climb furniture, speak jargon, stand alone, throw balls, walk well, stack a two object tower, dance, ride toys, stoop and recover, use a cup, speak 4 words
PASSPORT: PASSED
IMMUNIZATION: DTap, HIB, PCV

He did very well at his appointment until the shots, the good news is that that he doesn't have to have any again until he is two. So at least we will have a little bit of a break. I felt he deserved a treat (and I really needed some lunch) so we stopped by McDonald's and he got his first Happy Meal! He was so happy. It was the gift the kept on giving. He would eat a fry then some burger and then he loved when he realized he also had a toy! I don't know if I can even describe the incredible joy that it to be able to give my son things.



If you haven't seen this video yet, here it is. This surprised me when I saw it, I had no idea he was learning choreography like this (the woes of being a working mom). I just love who he is making time to amuse his uncle while still drinking his juice.


Ps the reason he is not wearing pants is because I saved a ton of money buying the generic brand of diapers at Costco (seriously it was so much), never again. He is constantly peeing through his diaper and he wakes up every morning all pee-peed. I'm just using what I have left and then going back to good, trustworthy pampers.

Comments

Popular Posts