The Wonderful World of California

After the amazing day we had a Disneyland the day before, we couldn't wait to get up and go to California Adventures. It was made all the more special by the fact that it was Julie's birthday (not to mention, Julianna was felling so much better after having puked her problems away the day before). The first thing we did was stop by Guest Services and get Julie a "Birthday" button. She loved it. Every time any of the workers saw her they wished her a Happy Birthday (talk about great birthday huh?). It was a perfect day at California Adventures as well. The weather was a little warmer than the night before (with the son out) but it was actually a lot colder at night.

Because Spencer and I took Julie to get her button while the rest went to get fast-passes for the Car's ride (more on that a little later), we walked right into Mickey Mouse! If you don't know this about me... I love Mickey Mouse... SO MUCH! It is a fresh dream of mine to take a picture with his every time I can. Now that I think about it I feel a little bad that I didn't go get the Little Guy, but at that point I had no idea where they were (turns out, they were just around the corner)


The first ride of the day was "Tower of Terror". Julianna and stayed behind with the Little Guy, (she was a little scared to go on it at first but came around and loved it by the end of the day) so we took the opportunity to take some pictures. Let me just say that the "Tower of Terror" is my favorite ride (in all three park we went to). It is just so much fun for me. We went on it twice and I wish I would have gone on it again. It is amazing





I would just like to point out that when Spencer and I stared dating, Julianna was over a head shorter than me (life is just cruel like that)




The Little Guy's favorite... Buzzlightyear! We actually got so lucky with this. We saw him and got in line, but little did we know that he switches back and forth with Woody. We were the last in line for Buzz before Woody came out and took his place. Which means that all the people in line behind us who were waiting for Buzz got to take a picture with Woody instead (who, let's face it, is not as cool. At least by my Little Guy's standards)



We all took turns going on "California Screaming" (by the way, if you have never sat in the front, you don't know what you are missing!) and the Little Guy went on "King Triton's Carousel" a couple of times (he loves carousels as much as his mom does)



Then it was finally time to experience the ride everyone was talking about... "Radiator Springs Races". We had no idea what the ride was about, but everyone kept saying how good it was. It turns out, it is AMAZING! I won't spoil it, but definitely worth waiting in the fast-pass line and (depending on how long it is) the stand-by line. Car's Land is incredible. They have literally re-created the movie and you feel like you are there. I head that they turn on all the neon lights at night, we didn't know (next time I guess)






This picture is going on a special 2014 frame we got Julie for her birthday. Leave it up to Adam and Nathan to show their...personality


After Car's Land we (my little family) decided to break off on our own and go explore Bug's Land. Lo and behold, we bumped into Flik as soon as we walked in



Yeah... I like him


"Heimlich's Chew Chew Train" I know what you are thinking... what is the Little Guy doing wearing shorts?! He had a pee pee accident. I put the pants back on as soon as they were dry (I figured it was better than exposing his legs to the cold)


Spencer actually went back to the condo after dinner (and after going on "Grizzle Bear Rapid" five times with his siblings) because he had a lot of homework to do, and boy did he miss the highlight of the trip: "World of Color". Oh my goodness... it was life changing. The most amazing thing I have ever seen (I even cried a little). I couldn't get a good picture anyways (and I didn't want to watch it through a camera lens, anyway) so I didn't get pictures. This is what was showing at the end of the show. There are really no words to describe it and I don't even want to try. Let's just leave it at INCREDIBLE. Oh and MAGICAL


Another pass-out baby after another perfect day

Comments

  1. That was my favorite day of the trip:) I love California Adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts