To Throw a Party

Now I might be a little bit biased, but I think that the Little Guy's birthday party tonight was AMAZING! We ended up doing it a week later since the Holidays were just crazy this year, and it was definitely worth the wait. (As I side note, I would really like to apologize to those that were not invited. We really had limited space and resources. I do hope you understand).

I decided to send invitations in the mail because I was going to want one for his book anyways and thanks to Walmart, I printed them all out quickly and (best of all) cheap.


I accidentally mixed up the address on the card but since this is the internet after all, I wont post one with the right address.

We let YouTube babysit while we got things ready (we are just good parents)


Spencer had to take over with putting up the ribbons because I could NOT get them to stay


It took FOREVER but I am so happy with how it all turned out




I set up games for everyone to play and they loved it (I get to be a little smug because Spencer made fun of me for the games saying that I was throwing a bridal shower for the Little Guy... ha ha)


I set up 12 month worth of pictures so that everyone can try to put them in order. No one got it right (it was a pretty hard game) Ariel and Michelle were the closest. Here are the pictures in the correct order













The second game involved a questionnaire I called "How well do you know me"



These are the answers: C, B, A, B, D, C, A. It was a four way time for the winners: Julie, Laura, Veronica and I really can't remember (someone please comment if you know)

Angie made the cake, and not only was it delicious but it looked amazing! She is so talented


Everyone trying to guess the order of the pictures


Laura and David


Julie sat next to these two... I bet she wished she hadn't. They can be a little overwhelming when they get together


Michelle and cute little Miss Reagan. The Little Guy and her get along pretty well (they are passed the "play-around-each other" stage and have moved into the "I tolerate you, but let's not get crazy" stage


Lachoneus and Macaela... they are such a cute couple


He was too exited to wait to open his presents (Reagan more than happy to help out :))


Lachoneus and Mecaela got him these pairs of sippy cups and he cried until I opened them for him. He loved them so much


Cake time! He clapped along as everyone sang "Happy Birthday"




I have noticed that my Little Guy is not really a big fan of sweets (I guess he takes after his Mom in that). He ate a lot of it but then pushed it away and didn't even want to look at it anymore. That is the way he handles all sweet things


The Olsens were the last ones to stay so we figured we would open the ball pit my parents got him. I didn't want to set there and blow it up, so we just let the kids play with the balls. They loved it


Someone though it was be hilarious to put a hat on Superman... and they were right, it was hilarious!


I am so happy with how the party turned out. I think the Little Guy had a great time which is who the party was for :)

On Monday I walked into my parent's house to pick the Little Guy up and found this




BACK STORY: when I was eight years old in Argentina the Stake Primary put on a Mock MTC (it was pretty cool, they even sent letters calling us to missions). Well part of the day was a talk by the local Mission President and he spoke on the importance of saving for the mission every cent you have. So ever since that time my Dad (he was there and heard the talk) has been saving all his change. For whatever reason, he decided to count in on Monday ( I saw for whatever reason because he put everything back after). I helped out as much as I could.

We stared out separating all the coins by individual worth into bags



YouTube babysat again as we worked



I don't remember the exact amount but my Dad said somewhere along the lines of $1,270. Which YES, that is a LOT of money in change! He is saving it for the first person in the family to go on a Mission.

Monday also was the start of Bachelor Season! If you don't know I LOVE watching the Bachelor/Bachelorette. I get together with Julie, Julianna and Angie every Monday to enjoy the fun and drama (I love drama). As a SIDE NOTE: I have picked Nicki as the girl that will cause drama this season. I don't why but I just get a Tiera vibe from her. SIDE NOTE #2: I really don't care for Juan Pablo.

Yesterday I blew up the Little Guy ball pit. It took a lot and I almost passed out, but he loves it. It is a pirate ship


His favorite game is to see how fast he can throw the balls out as Mom tries to throw them back in.

Comments

  1. Love it! I love reading your blog:) And...I am gonna get you to "see" the Juan Pablo thing if it kills me!:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts