Two months worth....

We have been crazy busy this past too months so I need to play catch up on the telling of our lives... one month at a time!

First off OCTOBER

The first thing that happened in October was the Little Guy's 9 check up. Next time he sees the doctor (hopefully) will be when he is one year old. How crazy is that?!

Here is his 9 month info

HEIGHT: 27' 1/2" 15%
WEIGHT: 17 lbs 4 oz 11%
HEAD SIZE: 18" 70%
HE CAN: Creep or crawl, wave, play pat-a-cake, clap, play peek-a-book, stand with support, say Mama or Dada, shake, bang and throw thing, babble consonant sounds and get to a sitting position from his hands and needs
PASSPORT: PASSED

(I had a really hard time getting his picture, he never stands still anymore)




Next it was General Conference... wasn't it just wonderful? I had to work on Saturday but I was able to watch half of the morning session in between calls (oh technology). This is Spencer right before the Morning Session Sunday, he felt like he needed to dress up a little so he complimented his Patriot's jersey with a tie (super dressed up)


The rest of October we mostly spent as a family. Going around together, playing and having fun (I love my little family)

We found this car at PartyLand while we were trying to pick out Halloween costumes. I tried my best to get the video of him moving back and forth trying to get the car to move but he would stop when the camera would come out. This was the best I could do



We also spent as much time at the park as we could. We wanted to be able to enjoy it before it got too cold.


This weird to be a mom because as soon as Spencer put the Little Guy down on the sand for the picture the first thing I though was "Oh my gosh! he is just getting his clothes ALL dirty!"



This is my favorite picture


The Little Guy has to do everything the big kids do at nursery


For Spencer's birthday I though it would be a fun a idea to have a present for him to open each hour. I called it the "24 hours of your 24th birthday" I won't make a list of all the things I gave him (mostly because I don't remember) but I think it turned out really good. When I asked him what he wanted me to make for dinner on his birthday or if we wanted to got out, he said that he wanted to make his version of empanadas that he used to make on his mission. So he made a list of ingredients and we cooked together.

I was in charge of frying the empanadas


and cleaning the kitchen afterwards


but they sure were tasty


Instead of cake, Spencer wanted something his mom makes called Chocolate Lush. So I get the recipe and make it myself. I think it turned put pretty good.

That Saturday, we joined the Keeles and Grandma and Grandpa Swenson for a combined birthday lunch for Nathan and Spencer at Tempanyaki YUM! It was the Little Guy's first time there and he was fascinated.


and you're gonna hear me ROAR!


Sporting new church clothes (that as I'm writing this post no longer fit him)


We carved a pumpkin for Family Home Evening it was so much fun

and it looked super cute on our door

Julie had been thinking about going down to St. George for a while for a weekend getaway and when she invited Grandma and Grandpa and decided to go down to Las Vegas for a day, we decided to tag along. It was a very much needed vacation. You can see all of the picture on Facebook, but these are my two favorites



Looking through the pictures now, I had almost forgotten how the little guy cried the entire ride from Vegas to St. George (almost).

Spencer played at Classic Rock Night again,, but not with the full band, it was just him and Mark. Here is a clip of Johnny B Goode


By the way, have you liked their page on Facebook yet? Just click HERE

Then it was Halloween. We really went back and forth on the costumes and went to all the stores trying to find something but we just couldn't agree on anything.  Spencer was over at his parent's house when he saw Adam's old Goofy costume and called me to see if we could do something with that. It was perfect because I already had a Minnie Mouse costume from Halloween a couple of years ago and I had seen the Mickey Mouse onsies at Baby's R Us. So I called them to make sure they had the right size before I drove out there and not only did they only have one of the costume in his size instead of just the onsie, but it was also on sale for over half of it's original price! I couldn't believe my luck!



His first house! He loved the idea of getting candy and specially liked it when they people in the neighborhood would let him reach in and get the candy himself


He LOVES suckers, wrappers and all


It was a really good Halloween


So I am in desperate need of a new camera, so I didn't really take a lot of pictures in November (sorry).

It first stated off with Spencer and the Little Guy spending the whole day together because I had to work on a Saturday. Spencer did an awesome job entertaining him all day and even recorded on videos for me to watch. You can watch them all on Spencer's Facebook or below. I call them "A Day with Daddy"






I cooked for Thanksgiving again this year and we had Spencer's home teachee, Patrick, over. It was really fun. We ate a ton and watched football (Spencer's perfect holiday). Spencer and I also got to Wal-Mart for a little of Black Friday shopping. We went for an XBox for Spencer but walked out with a Christmas present for the Little Guy (you'll have to wait and see). It was a really fun mini-date for us to go shopping.

And here are the Little Guy's 10 month picutres






If you don't know, I consider Thanksgiving to a part of the Christmas holiday so of course I couldn't wait to get all of our decorations up.





I am so happy with how everything turned out. I just LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!! Next week we are going to go see Santa and the lights at Riverwoods, I can't wait :)

As and end note, here are some fun pictures of the Little Guy

This is how my son sleeps, on his stomach, with his butt in the air, the blanket off to the side and a bottle next to him


On Sunday I got myself and the Little Guy really and sat him down while I got the diaper bag ready. I turned around for one second and he was gone! this is what I found, it was seriously not 30 seconds


He had already eaten all the cereal that he could reach and was currently scooping up the crumbs with his fingers and stuffing them into his mouth. It's really hard to tell from the picture but his entire face is COVERED in chocolate. He even had it up his nose... oh I love him :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts