Come on it's Lovely Weather

With Christmas right around the corner... we are no where near ready (surprised? I'm not). It has been a busy weekend of playing catch-up.

Thursday was the last Classic Rock Night of the year. Keelbasa sang "Bad Reputation" (From Shrek) and "Pour Some Sugar on me" (Not sure if that song has been in a movie). They were so good. Spencer doesn't thing so, but it was my favorite time they had performed. I think that Spencer didn't like the songs as much as other times. I''m so sorry I am not able to post videos but my camera is getting more difficult to work with by the hour. It let us post a video on the Keelebasa page though so you can watch it HERE

Friday we went to see Santa. Things kept coming up and we had to keep putting it off but it finally worked out for us to go see him; but first, we went to go see the light. If you don't know this about me, I LOVE Christmas lights (specially at Temple Square) but this year I made a deal with Spencer that instead of driving up to Temple Square to see the lights we could walk around Riverwoods. It was so pretty and the Little Guy loved it. They had a Santa there but it was really cold outside and the line was really long so we drove up to University Mall where we could wait inside. In case you haven't gone to see Santa this year, let me give you the 411. You can not take personal photos and a picture CD is $19.95! Oh yeah, it is absolutely RIDICULOUS! We didn't want to spend 20 dollars on a picture when we didn't know how the Little Guy was gong to react (because you have to pay first) so we just did a visit and took pictures outside (they have everything specifically designed so that you can't even sneak a picture.

 It went pretty good overall. I got the Little Guy super exited as we were waiting in line and he just stood and waited (something that he never okay with. He usually cries if the stroller is not constantly in motion). I kept saying "Spencer do you see Santa?" and he would look around.



He was really shy when Santa talked to him but he didn't cry. When Santa pulled out a lollipop, the Little Guy was won over. Maybe I'll take him again tomorrow.

So I have been saving baby food jars even since the Little Guy staring eating them the goal was this


Hot Cocoa Snowmen for all the neighbors. Well it turns out that there are a TON of work! and they don't turn out near as cute. I quickly switched plans, but Spencer still wanted me to make some for out friends so this is how it turned out


They are only two jars high because it looked funny with three. (On a related note: I have a lot of baby food jars and peppermint candy if anyone needs it/wants it). This is what the neighbors are getting


It's home-made fudge (my new baking obsession). I got the easiest recipe from the Pioneer Woman (my culinary idol) and have been making it non stop all month (yeah it is that good). You can find it HERE. We were supposed to go deliver them today but the weather was not cooperating. Hopefully they'll get done tomorrow.

Random facts about the Little Guy
  • He WALKS!!!!!!! (video coming soon, if my camera will allow). He just picked it right up. Last Sunday he got up without holding on to anything and took a couple of steps and it all went from there. He walks like a little drunk person but it is so CUTE! 
  • The loves to play "Peek-a-boo" and says "Boo!" when he comes out
  • He has been putting himself to sleep the last couple of nights. I'll put him in is crib with a bottle and once he is done drinking we'll hear him talking for about half an hour before he stops (of course we wait a little before going to check on him for fear that he is not asleep and he'll start crying when he sees us)
  • With his new walking skills came bruise-acquiring skills. The bruises on his head are a constant staple. The worry that all these bumps might be affecting his brain development are always in my mind. Although is it quite a sight to see him bonk his head and get right back up and keep walking
  • The "Wizard of Oz" was on yesterday and he Little Guy LOVED it! I kept hovering over him because I didn't want the witch to scare him but he was just mesmerized by her green skin

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts