Because I have a growing Baby!

I had a big closet-clean-up party with my little family yesterday. We were so blessed with getting so much clothes from the Baby Showers and from friends and family I never had enough room in the closet to keep in all so I have been having to switch his clothes out as he grows out of them (it is weird to me that he actually grows out of clothes specially since I still have some things that I wore in high school). I stared by getting ALL of his clothes out and diving them into three piles: too small, too big, just right (and about three months too big). The Little Guy was a lot of help with getting all of his clothes out of the boxes but then became less help when he stared taking the clothes from the different piles and putting them back into the boxes. (It was a mess... but organized chaos)



Once all the clothes was sorted into the three piles (and Spencer was helping by taking care of the Little Guy), I moved to work on the "Too Small" pile. I wanted to store all the clothes for our next boy (not for a while) in a way that would be easy to access when the time comes so I sorted everything by specific sizes (NB, 0-3, 3, 3-6, 6).



The Little Guy grew so fast this past few weeks and completly skiped 6 month clothes so I have a lot of stuff that still have the tags on, never used. Oh well at least our next child will have new things too. Next, I packed to the chlothes back into the boxes with the biggest clothes at the bottom (Spencer cousing Lindsey gave us a lot of clothes from her son and she had the boxed packed in the perfect way by folding all the clothes as flat as possible). I fold all sleeves in and the only folded once to keep the chlothes flat and then pack in the box in a way so that every space was used. In between each size, I placed a regular 8x11 sheet of paper labeled with the size and a what was below so it read like this:

3
Months
Below → 3-6 months → 6 months

The theory behind it is that when we have our next boy (again, not for a while) I would just take the top clothes as needed. Thanks to some really good folding (if I do say so myself), I was able to fit all the clothes into one big box and one small one. Then I moved onto the accessories. I separated everything inside zip-lock bags and squeezed all the air out. It turned into three bags: NB hats and mittens, 0-3 months shoes and socks and 3-6 shoes and socks. Next, I placed the bags into the appropiate box according to the size, labeled the box and sealed them up. All ready for the next child :)
Of course, my work was only half completled. I still had to deal with the "Just right" and the "Too Big" piles. I had Spencer put all the "Too Big" pile into a box and dedicated myself to the "Just right" (I should make it clear that the "Just Right" also includes "3 months too big" the way he is growing I'm going to need that clothes really soon anyways. (Dissclaimer to future mommies: DO NOT just simply hang up all your baby clothes in the closet! ORGANIZE is the game of the game. Separeta everything, know what you have. Learn from my mistakes so that you don't end up with brand new clothes your child never wore and you wish they had.) I learned my lesson. We don't have a lot of closet space of dresser for the Little Guy but I still separeted everything as much as I could. The only thing haning up in his closet now are coats, suits, and shirts/shirt-like-onsies. Pants, pijamas, and layering onsies are all put away neatly in drawers. It is really a win-win for everyone because I actually get more closet space now so my clothes have room to breathe (the Little Guy and I share a closet). I'm a happy Mommy :D It's my turn next, I have some stuff that I haven't worn in a long time that needs to get cleaned out... probally after Christmas.
All the inspiration for my big closet make over came from Katie Marie CLICK HERE. I wish I had as much room as she does for the Little Guy then I would have made it all exactly the same as her nursery (all in BOY of course).

Ramdom facts about the Little Guy: 
  • Still no teeth.... I'm not going to lie, I'm staring to get a little bit worried
  • He can stand from the floor by himself and take steps (the most he has done has been about 6)
  • He can say Nana (that's me, I can NOT get him to call me mom. I have tried everything even not answering to Nana but then he just gets really sad because he thinks I am ignoring him), Daddy and Papi, No, Si (yes in Spanish) Adam, and Nate. 
  • His favorite song is "What Does the Fox Say?" and sings along with it. My favorite part is when he sings the "ow ow ow" part on what the seal says
  • He loves everything Sesame Street and Muppets
  • Loves play-dough (look below for proof). We don't have any at home for the obvious reason that I'm sure Grandma Swenson would not appreciate if it at caked into the carpet

Comments

Popular Posts