A First Year Photo Shoot!

The Little Guy got his year old pictures taken this morning. They were done by our friends from high school that now have their own photography business. They are really great and super nice to work with (you can check out their website by clicking HERE) All they need for pictures inside is a place with a big window so we turned the Keele's kitchen into a studio (thanks Julie for letting us make a mess of your kitchen). He actually did the best he has ever done on a photo shoot. The only hiccup that we encounter was the fact that he did NOT want to smash his cake. Isn't that crazy?! He spends all day making out-of-this-world messes for Mom to clean and the one time I WANT him to make a mess, he wont do it. Kids! We finally got him to make a mess when Spencer gave him a fork and spoon, so he stared to treat the cake like a drum set.

Here are some behind-the-scenes from the shoot.






Of course we had to put him straight into the tub





I really can't wait to see the pictures

It was a really good day for me, not only did everything go smoothly with the shoot but we also stopped by Walmart and picked up my Christmas present (Spencer insisted on wrapping and placing it under the tree)



It's a new camera!!!! I am really over the moon with it. I spent weeks researching which camera I wanted and I decided on the Cannon Powershot SX160. Not to mention we got an AWESOME deal on it today (and the photo lab lady was super nice in recommending things to us and telling us the things that we didn't need). As I have stated in previous posts, I was in desperate need of a new camera. I am still going to keep the old one but away in case I should ever need it, but this blog is going to start getting some pretty high quality pictures from now on (as soon as I fining reading the owner's manual so I know what all do buttons are for. Right now I just have it on AUTO)

Here is the last picture I am taking with the old camera


And (even though I have actually been taking pictures and playing with it all afternoon) here is the first "official" photo with the new


Big difference... isn't it?

As we get ready for the Little Guy's birthday tomorrow, I figured I would do a little reminiscing on what we were doing exactly one year ago... I stared December 28, 2012 by cleaning the house and doing laundry. Once everything was done, I went and got my eyebrows done and Spencer and I joined the Keele's for dinner at Chuck-a-Rama (it was pretty good, but I didn't really eat much. I was too full of baby to fit much in my stomach). Then we went grocery shopping to get food for the next two weeks. Because I had to get induced, we have the opportunity to get a blessing from the dads that night. It was really nice and it gave me the peace and comfort I needed to get ready for the next day. We went home, I took a shower and we were both in bed around ten. It was really the perfect day to get us really for the whirlwind that was coming. I love my Little Guy I really can't believe that we have had him for a whole year!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts