And then it was Mother's Day!!!!


Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies (including me!) This year I actually got things for Mother's Day it was AMAZING! (As you remember last year, Spencer said that I wasn't a mother until the baby was born so I didn't get anything)

So what did I get.... A card (home made, that's right) and a new vacuum (extremely motherly huh?).  It is a Shark Navigator and I am so happy with it!!!! It makes me feel good to be able to vacuum and know that everything is getting picked up off our carpet. I'll pot all the Mother's Day pictures first and then give an update on what is going on with us

At Sizzlers (I had only been there once before and did not like it at all, however, this time is was so incredibly good!

Dinner at the Tita's

With Grandpa and Grandma Keele 
Trying out his high chair at my parents house (and when I say "trying out" I really mean "tasting it". He is still too little for it. I was scare he would get hurt so I took him out pretty quickly

Spencer stole the came to take a picture of Laura. Look how nice she looks

So we went to dinner at my parents house and then joined the Keeles for the Survivor finale. This was the first year that I really got into it (Julie has been trying to get me to watch for the past two seasons) and I so glad I did. It was such a good season. I think that my favorite thing about Survivor is watching people get blindsided (unless it is your favorite player ie Reynold(s) this year). Now I am all exited for next season. And I'm not going to lie, I am really looking forward to Big Brother. I watched most of it last season and I really like how it is a live game.

So in other (really big and life changing news) we are moving!!!! As much as we love our apartment and with that we could stay here, having a baby was really expensive (even with insurance) and we want to get all our medical bills paid off (not to mention the added bill from the ER a couple of weeks ago that we still haven't gotten. I am expecting the worst, hopefully I can be pleasantly surprised). Lucky for us though, Grandma and Grandpa Swenson have a basement apartment that they will rent to us for next to nothing as long as Spencer is still in school and keeps his grades up. So we are going to stay with my parents for the month of June (Uncle Joe and Aunt Jolene as currently living in the basement while their house is being built) and move to Orem in July. It is going to be a weird change being away from our families but we feel is the right thing for us. The plan is to stay there until Spencer graduates and just save all of our money for when we move out (maybe a down payment for a house). We will be living off 1600 south in Orem (although it is practically Lindon) It is an extremely beautiful area and we really couldn't be happier. I'm really not looking forward to having to move (just thinking about having to take the crib apart and putting it back together turns my stomach. It was so hard to build. And no, it won't pass through the door unless we take it apart, I already measured) but soon we will be all settled in at the new apartment with no plans to move for at least a couple of years (that is the thought that sustains me). We really could not be more thankful to Grandma and Grandpa Swenson, this is the most incredible blessing for us.

Meanwhile Grandma Julie hit it out of the park once more with this new bouncer for the Little Guy


When we first put him in I though he was still too little for it because his feet didn't touch the floor, but he quickly figured out how to weigh himself down and then stand up. He LOVES IT!!!! He is always trying to stand up and this toy allows him to do it all by himself. Not to mention it is such a good work out and strengthens his legs. I couldn't capture even half of his joy in this video



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts