Not his party but he'll cry if he wants to...

We have been staying at the Keele's this past week taking care of Nathan, Julianna, and Dayzee while my in-laws are on a cruise celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary. They are in Belize in 87 degree weather... i know, I'm really jealous too! It has been a pretty mellow week. I hadn't notice how much Nate and Julianna are NEVER home; and with Spencer busy with homework and studying for finals next week and with Stefani really sick over at my parents' house... the Little Guy and I have been completely alone all week. It all came to a head yesterday when the Little Guy spent the entire afternoon crying for no reason at all. It was not fun! It makes it really hard to remember how much you love your child when he just cries and cries and cries and cries and hurts my feelings and makes me feel like a horrible mom!

But moving on to happy things.... last Friday on the 12th was Veronica's Sweet Sixteen. It was a wonderful (mock)  cocktail party. There were a lot of people there and delicious food. The Little Guy and I spent a really fun time dancing together.




There was a lot going on the party (with lights, music, and everyone fawning over him) so it got to the point when he just didn't care for the whole thing anymore. I felt bad because he wouldn't let anyone hold him except me (not even daddy). That when on for about forty minutes and at 10:00 he was done and it was time for me to go home. He cried and cried until I put him down in his car seat and strapped him in.

Spencer and Nathan had driven their own car so after Julianna, the Little Guy and I left, they spent their time photo-bombing Veronica





But still got a good picture with her


It has been a couple of days since I stared writing this post and the Little Guy has been much happier. Probably due to the fact that he has been spending time with both sets of grandparents. Meanwhile, Spencer is completely done with school until August which make me a super happy wife. He actually came to bed early last night instead staying up forever doing homework. I am so proud of him he works so hard, gets really good grades, and is even on the Dean's List.

Comments

Popular Posts