Getting Close.....

I can hardly believe that there is only 19 days left until the baby's due date. It seems like yesterday I found out I was pregnant and ran to tell Spencer. I am to the point when I see the doctor every week now and he gets to do super fun things like check my cervix (which is not as awkward as you would thing but it does hurt). News are I am not dilated at all but there was some change in my cervix since I saw him last week. The good news is that he is very determine to not let me go further than 41 weeks, that means that the baby will be in fact born this year :) Meanwhile, Spencer and I though it would be a good idea to do pictures every week now, so here are the last two weeks



In not so good news.... I haven't gained any weight or grown at all since last week (don't be fooled by the pictures . Dr. McBride says he is not necessarily worried about it now, but if there is no change next week he will order another ultrasound to check on the baby. There is a chance that if he is not growing I will get induced earlier. Which is actually what had to happen to my mother-in-law when Spencer was born. Remember, this baby is half him too. We are not worried though. I mean if there is no longer a benefit for him to be inside me anymore the best thing for the baby is to be out here with us :) Which brings me to the nursery!!!!!

So here is before picture

So it is a little bit embarrassing but we had been using it as storage for almost a year. It took 6 hours and a lot of hard work (and at least half an hour looking for the instructions on how to put the crib together) but....


This is where our son will be sleeping!!!! (in about 3 months). We took a lot of in-between pictures but I figure I would just stick to the before and after. We still need to buy bumpers for the crib (as this just happened to be the only bedding set that did not bring them) and we are hoping to be able to replace the chair on right with a rocking chair of glider. Oh! and I bough curtains for the window but they were not the right size so we have to get new ones. It's funny but the first thing I though as soon as the room was done "Oh my gosh... what it is a girl?!" Thank goodness we have done three ultrasounds and he has been very....should we say... "not shy" about showing us his gender.

I'd like to thank Julie and my mom and Laura so much for the baby showers. I had so much fun!!!! and thanks to everyone who was able to make it. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures myself but I'll try to get them from Julie and my mom. So... pictures to come (hopefully)




Comments

  1. That is the cutest baby room ever!! I need to see it for real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! You are almost done! You look absolutely wonderful! Best of luck with your upcoming labor and delivery! The baby's room looks darling! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts