Overstuffing

Thanksgiving is my second favorite holiday followed only by Christmas which really Thanksgiving is part of Christmas so they are really just one holiday anyway. This year Spencer and I had dinner by ourselves. I know it seems silly since Thanksgiving is such a big family Holiday but it was really great.  In fact... Spencer said this was his favorite Thanksgiving ever! That makes me feel really good (insert emoticon that is so happy the colon and close parenthesis doesn't cover).  So the day stared out with Spencer getting up early to play football with his friends (it always freaks me out even though they say it is two-hand-touch).  By the time Spencer got home (just in time to shower quickly and start watching the first football game) I was showered and ready to start cooking. Mark, Adam, and Nate came over to watch the game and I got to play the good wife and bring them a cheeseball




Don't they look comfy and good :) So while they watched the game I cooked while listening to "The Work and the Glory". I had a pen a paper with me so that I could write down things as I cooked so here it is... 

WHILE I WAS MAKING MY FIRST THANKSGIVING
  1. I forgot to take the lid of the roasting pan and had to call Spencer for help since I was sitting there holding the raw turkey over the sink
  2. I kept bumping my belly into the sink while peeling the potatoes
  3. I forgot to get green beans and cranberry sauce so I had to run out and buy it (I'd like to take this time to formally apologize to the good people at Fresh Market that had to work on Thanksgiving all because of looser like me that forget things)
  4. I reached the point where there was nothing more I could do but wait... I didn't know what to do with myself at that point so I went in with the guys and watched football.
Drum roll please....



THE TURKEY!!!! I didn't think that making the big 19 pound turkey I have in the freezer (compliments of Dr. Fischer)  would be appropriate for just the two of us, so I made a much-less-intimidating 5 pound turkey breast. I was really scared it would be really dry but it wasn't, it was perfect (if I say so myself)


This is what it looked like after I carved it and put it in a different serving dish


My Thanksgiving spread....


.... and my happy husband eating it (insert that emoticon from above once more). So Spencer and I ate until we could no longer breathe (which was a lot sooner for me than it was for him) and then I cuddled up in his arms and got ready to take a nap. We slept for about 2 1/2 hours


I woke up first and couldn't help taking a picture. Then we woke up and continued to eat. A perfect Thanksgiving.

Then it was Black Friday of course we didn't brave things (maybe next year) but we did go to Home Depot when we woke and bought a washer and dryer!!!!!!! (man, this whole post should just be my special emoticon) I AM SO BEYOND HAPPY!!! It gets installed next week I can't wait. We got an AMAZING deal! It was then time for Christmas decorating... prepare for bragging pictures....

Putting the first ornament on the tree


Spencer's job is to put the star up

The finished tree :)
 What the finished living room looks like (it's okay to be jealous)




I love sitting in there it is so cozy. Today we are going to set up the baby's room... pictures to come.

Comments

Popular Posts