Just how quickly time flies

I can not believe that Spencer and I have already been married for a year! It all happened so quickly it was literally a blink of an eye (granted a very sick throw-upy blink). We had such a great time celebrating our anniversary. We stayed at the Little America Hotel and I highly recommend it. It was just lovely.

Look at how beautiful this room is. You can't see it in the picture but there is also a small table on the far left.  I completely forgot to take a picture of the changing area and bathroom. By far, the best hotel I have ever stayed at. Thanks for recommending it Mark and Julie.
 So we checked in and quickly changed to go to the Temple. It was great to be able to do sealing and listen to the promises and covenants we made a year ago. The Temple is truly an incredible place. I can't imagine a better place to be with my love. It gave me a chance to think about things and renew spiritually.

My sweetheart and I outside the place that allows me to keep him forever
After the Temple we walked across the street to City Creek and had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory


Neither of us had been there before and we were not disappointing. It was delicious. Luckily we had planned ahead and looked at their insane (anything you could possibly want) menu the day before so we both already knew what we wanted (Factory Combinations). We ended up not trying their cheesecake, however, we were stuffed from out meal and had bough cheesecake at home and taken it up with us. Dinner was fun because it gave us a chance to think back on the past year. We talked about our favorite things, our least favorite things, things we can improve on, etc.


Yeah, he is really that hot!



As part of out hotel package we had their AMAZING breakfast the next day. They had everything you could think of and it was absolutely delicious!


I really could not have asked for a better anniversary. Everything was perfect and I got to be reminded of how incredibly lucky I am that out of all the girls in the world, I ended up with Spencer Keele (sorry rest of the world). I called Laura on Friday and had her take our wedding cake out of the freezer so that it would defrost for Sunday.



It still tasted great, although Spencer only had one bite of it and then shoved it in my face just like he did a year ago. Although he was a lot nicer at our wedding and it wasn't quite as much cake. See for yourself...


and this is the picture from this year



It was all up in my nose and it felt awful. I am just thankful that he did it this bad this year when i was able to just jump in the shower. I wouldn't have able to do that at our wedding. And no.. I did not get him back, you see with a year of marriage comes maturity... and also I realized that starting any sort of cake fight would only result in me having to clean it up later. That's wisdom.

I realized that I never posted pictures of out apartment as my wonderful husband decorated it for Halloween so here they are





This is what it looked like with everything lit
Halloween was a lot of fun (even with next to no trick-or-treaters).  I was a cat (I wanted something with next to nothing imagination and that could be worn with scrubs to work). Spencer was Mr. Gold from Once upon a time. We forgot to take a picture so we he is going to get back in costume for my next blog post. His costume was PERFECT and he look to freaking hot... well, you'll see for yourself when I am able to get a picture up.

Comments

  1. Happy anniversary! I love the little America:-) your Halloween decor looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts