Fitting our Summer into one Month!

September was INSANE! This summer went by so fast it was like we didn't even have a summer... the solution? fit the adventures of an entire summer in one. It worked out, for the most part.

First news first... I DO NOT HAVE GESTATIONAL DIABETES! It was such a relief when I got the official call from my doctor about it. I was freaking out. Everyone one kept telling me that it was going to be okay and that all I had to do was change my eating a little bit but I just kept thinking it was easy for them to say since they weren't the ones that were going to have to "change their eating a little bit". The funny thing is that I'm not a big sweet girl in the first place but those two weeks when I though I would have to give up sugar I went CRAZY for it. Isn't that always the way?

Then it was Labor Day weekend! Spencer and I though we weren't going to be able to make it up to Bountiful until 1 in the morning because he had to work but there ended up being some sort of mix up with the schedule and he got out around 5 so we left as soon  as I got home and made it in time to play in the pool and hot tub (I only got to put my feet in the hot tub). Then it was time for Lagoon!!! Spencer and I got up early and enjoyed an extremely delicious and satisfying breakfast compliments of the hotel...(oh yeah, that's the new thing, I am no longer feeling sick and food is GREAT again) and we were ready to go.

I though as we were going into Lagoon that it wasn't going to be an especially fun day for me, but boy was I wrong. I had a blast! The boys were really nice and stood for all the pictures I wanted to take, made sure I was always doing okay, and kept pace with me (I am moving a little slow these days).

I don't want to overwhelm everyone with pictures so I'll only post a couple here and the rest on Facebook.

Adam and Nate liking arms... of course it was a Kodak Moment
The first time going on Rattlesnake Rapids. I say the first time because they went on 9 times! 
I took a picture of who went under the waterfall every time. Well... not  EVERY time. I had to take a potty break  for one of the times.
Adam convinced everyone that it would be funny to scream as loud as they could in the tunnel and be really quiet as soon as they came out, and guess what?... it was really funny


The funny thing is that I still got soaked even though I didn't go on any water ride, all thanks to a LOT of rain. It got really cold for a while, but the rain stopped after lunch. Around 4:30, Spencer and I went back to the hotel for a nap. I hadn't realized how tired I was until my head hit the pillow and we were both out like a light. We woke up around 8 and it turns out we actually slept through the big thunder storm. I'm glad we weren't there for that.

We made it back to the park and took a ride on the train to see the animal s
By this time and thanks to the fact that it was still raining, the park was pretty empty. Well it turns out that they wont run a ride unless there are at least two people, so Spencer had to wait a little bit in order to ride the Bat. 
We caught the last show and then headed back to the hotel for some rest and relaxation. The next morning it was really hard to get up (we had played a lot the day before), but we eventually made it to Music and the Spoken Word. It was their first time back in the Tabernacle from being in the Conference Center all Summer and if you ask me, they went back a week too soon. It was PACKED! but oh so worth it. The music was absolutely lovely and that was actually the first time that I hear the Tabernacle Choir in the Tabernacle the acoustics make them sound even better than usual. After Music and the Spoken word, we went to Sacrament meeting in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and Julianna and I got to meet Elder Ballard. It was so cool! Last year we met Elder Oaks and this year Elder Ballard that means that if no body dies and there is someone different every year, we will have met all the Twelve by 2022... nice huh?

That brings us to the Pope Reunion! We went down to grandma's house in St. George without stopping once (oh yeah... I didn't even throw up once the entire trip). Unfortunately  Spencer, Nathan, and I still got the living room again this year as the bedrooms were taken. Last year Nathan got to sleep on the floor between Spencer and I but this year Spencer and I got to sleep on the floor together... Yay for being married! The only downer of the reunion was that Spencer and didn't get to go on walks this year (by the time we got back to grandma's house every night we were just too tired to go anywhere). The other difference this year was that everyone was on their own for lunch so Spencer and I went to a Chinese Buffet. It was so good! They had all so much delicious food. Then we went to see the Avenger's at the movie theater. We missed the raffle but it was worth it to get out of the heat. Then it was pool time! Turns out baby Rusty LOVES to swim. I have so much fun and so does he. Hopefully he will still love water when he is born. The big thing this year at the pool was Spencer, Adam and Nate inventing games to play all leading up to this awesome video of them dunking a tiny basketball (you'll have to turn your head to see it... sorry)


Another fun highlight of the reunion was this cat


She was a stray that just wandered into the farm and I fell in love with her. I tried to convinced my Parent-in-law that they need to take her home with them (out apartment has a strict no pet policy) but they said no. She ended up going home with a family that we were super weird :(

Spencer at the horseshoe tournament
And stamping washers for a cool bracelet
Julie and I making root beer (the secret is an entire bag of sugar. Something I sure would have not been able to drink had the diabetes test come back positive) 
Mexican Fiesta dinner!
Dinner time! We came and ate at the pool house because oh how many flies there were.  Even the people that live there were shocked and saying that they had never seen that many flies. 
Spencer feeding the horse
That brings us to the zoo! The Keele's gave Spencer and I tickets for my birthday and we finally got to go. I hadn't been to the zoo in about 15 years (no joke). It was so much fun!

Again you can see all the pictures on Facebook
It was really worth the wait going to back to the zoo. The animal did NOT disappoint, and I got to see a gorilla eat a bug... oh yeah! After the zoo we went to Teppanyaki something I had never done before. It was great. The chef was really funny and the food was DELICIOUS! My favorite part was the onion volcano, it burned for so long and then he made it into a train to mix in with the rest of the vegetables  Oh! and I caught a shrimp in my mouth!
My super hot husband
And of course, last but not least...The Baby update! My stomach is in full bump mode now


I can't believe that that I am already 29 weeks already... we are a little more than two months away! I'm not going to lie... I'm starting to freak out a little bit. We still have SO MUCH to do before the baby comes. My mom and I went shopping for maternity clothes last Monday, because out of no where, NOTHING fits. I bought a pair of jeans, a couple of sweaters, and a dress. Turns out that maternity clothes is ridiculous expensive. Lucky for us 'Ross' has some. I spent less on all the clothes I bought than I would have spent on one pair of jeans in the store at the mall.

That brings us to yesterday...Spencer had two mission reunions (as he had two mission presidents) both on the same night so we got to go both. I really love the reunions, I get to hear a ton of stories and eat lots of yummy treats. This year I found out something huge... Spencer was just as popular of his mission as he is at home. EVERYONE loves him (surprise surprise)

This is everyone yelling "Sister Keele" for me. Turns out on his mission, every time someone saw Spencer they would yell "Elder Keele" sticking both hands out
This is Harrison Schultz just about the happiest guy I have ever met. Happy and full of life. 
It was a great month and I love that we are now in October. General Conference today was great I can't wait for the sessions tomorrow. Not to mention the love-of-my-life's birthday on the 18th. I'll try to be better at blogging more in smaller sections so that I don't have such long posts in the future... promise.

PS did you see the cute baby countdown on the right. All thanks to babynamey.com

Comments

  1. Ross is good for maternity clothes, you should also check out Burlington. They are my fav :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts