Some Nights I Always Win

I figured I would give a quick update on what's up with us lately. Mostly because I wanted a chance to add a poll to the blog on whether the baby is a boy or a girl.

First of all, I am feeling about a bazillion years better. I still throw up but it's more of a part-of-my-life kind of thing now. I'll be doing something, go throw up, and go back to doing whatever I was doing as if it was nothing. If I'm being honest, this is an arrangement I can live with. Of course, I would rather feel 100% better but beggars can't be chooser I guess. It has sure made work a lot easier. I saw the doctor yesterday and he told me that everything is looking good. Most importantly, he ordered the ultrasound! Which means that next Monday we find out what the baby is! We are both very exited. The thing is that I might not be as far along as everyone originally though so we will all find out for sure then. Supposedly I am at 19 and 2 days right now, but I guess we'll see. The one thing I'm really not looking forward to is the fact that I have to do the ultrasound with a full bladder. I have no idea how that is going to happen since I can't drink anything without running to the bathroom in a matter of minutes. I think that the baby is sitting right on my bladder. For those of those you that have been pregnant, did you have the same problem? How did you deal with it?

Sorry I took absolutely NO pictures on the 4th of July. We met the Keele's at Brick Oven for lunch celebrating Adams birthday. I was starving! I ended up eating more that Adam (and he pointed that out himself). Then Nathan, Spencer and I were supposed to go get Veronica and go to Seven Peaks for the rest of the day, but the drive home was torture for me. I have been having a really hard time with heat. Where I used to live for the sun and its hotness I can't do it at all anymore. I get so hot so fast and it takes me a really long time to recover. So anyways, we ended up coming back home and I lay on the couch under the air vent while Nathan and Spencer played video games. It was still a pretty fun day I guess. We went to my parent's house for dinner and then watched the fireworks in the exact same spot that Spencer and I watched them last year (before the proposed) at the church close to Keele's house. There is an open field right in front of it that made it so that we could all the aerials (thank you so much rich Spanish Forkians for putting on a show).

Things have pretty much settled down. We have fallen back into our old routine (as opposed to the "Ana is always sick" routine) and are pretty happy. I am starting to show a little bit more, but instead of posting a picture of my bump now I decided to wait until the ultrasound next week so that I can have exactly how far along I am. Dr. McBride said that they will change my due date if I am off on over two weeks, which means that my due date might change to somewhere around Christmas. Spencer had a bit of a panic attack when I told him that we had to both maternity shots and newborn pictures plus Christmas card and announcement. His first though was "and you want to do this with each baby?!" Luckily, we have reach a compromise. We will do maternity pictures with the baby and only do newborn pictures with the rest. As far as the newborn pictures, depending on when the baby is born, we will do Christmas themed newborns and make them our Christmas card/baby announcement. Hopefully the baby will be born in time to get everything done because it looks like that, for Christmas this year, Spencer is either going to have a newborn baby or a VERY pregnant wife.

That brings us to another segment of
"THE RANT OF A PREGNANT GIRL"
Today's rant is brought to you by stupid people that don't merge

One of by biggest pep peeves in the entire planet is when people know that they are going to have to merge and they don't do it! I'm talking about the people that see the light board telling them to merge ahead but still keep driving in that lane to try to get ahead of everyone. Now I have no problem letting a car merge into my lane but it irks me so much to have to come to a complete stop simply because you wanted to be two cars farther ahead. Don't these people realize that if they only merged when they are suppose to it will make traffic flow much easier? Of course cutting a lane down will slow down traffic but when I have to stop completely to let someone in the person behind me has to stop completely and so on and so forth. Get a clue! You are not going to get anywhere faster just because you think you are being slick and passing all the cars. Selfish.

PS There should be a law that says husbands are NOT allowed to eat the pudding of their pregnant wives!
2PS Don't forget to vote on the poll!

Comments

  1. Good luck with your ultra sound! When I went in they moved my due date back 12 days, but you adjust. As for the full bladder thing i was so scared for that too! but luckily you don't have to be like that the whole time. They like it full at the begining to see the cervix and placenta position, then they let you go bathroom. least mine did. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts