Helpless when "HE" smiles

Let's start things off with this AWESOME picture (if I say so myself)


That's right... The Keele baby is a BOY! Spencer and I are super happy. It turns out I'm actually only 17 weeks along (instead of 21) so we are going in for another ultrasound in 3 weeks since the baby was too little to see everything. We got a 12 minute DVD of the baby moving and printed out photos so unfortunately I can't put any on here. Maybe when we go in for the "official" mid-pregnancy ultrasound they'll give us the pictures on a disc instead. The baby is looking GREAT! two arms, two legs, weighs 7oz,  his spinal chord looks exactly like it should (which I was really worried about) and he is definitely a boy. He was being a stinker though, all curled up and facing my spine, he wouldn't let the doctor look at anything. It took a while to get him to move and when he finally did, he wouldn't stay still. It was really cool to see him. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to see anything because I can NEVER see anything in those pictures, but I didn't miss a single detail (I guess you have to be the mom in order for your eyes to work with ultrasounds).

So yes, we are naming the baby Spencer Russell Keele. Spencer and talked names before we even got married so it was easy. Spencer wanted his first born son named after him and I love old timey names. We are planing on having the baby go by Rusty. Both families have come to terms with the fact that they really have no say in the matter (shoot, Spencer barely had any say) so now everyone is happy (mostly me). I am worried though, panic struck last night when I realized that I have NO IDEA how to raise a boy. I don't know anything about them! The first thing I asked Spencer was "what do they talk about in the boy's maturation program?" 

There are so many things to think about now....do we want to decorate the nursery with animal, sports, cars, railroads?! Is he going to wanna play football, basketball, soccer, hockey... fencing?! I just really don't want to mess up the poor child. What songs do you sing to boys to get them to sleep at night?! What stories do you ready to them?! You can keep buying little girls dolls until kingdom comes but really how many basketballs does a boy need?! So yeah... I'm freaking out a little. 

Anyways... since I'm only 17 weeks, the due date changed it is now December 23rd at 7:00 AM (yeah, they can pinpoint it down to the time) so Santa is bringing us a baby this year. It will be so close, we might celebrate Christmas in the hospital, or celebrated with a new born baby that was a few days early (best case scenario as long as there were no problems), or I'm going to be very, very, very pregnant (also not a bad scenario all things considering). It will be a surprise. I'm definitely not going to get a "Baby's first Christmas" ornament until after Rusty is born because if he is born before Christmas, he will need one; but if he is born after Christmas, he will have to wait a whole year before it is his first Christmas. If he is born on Christmas... well, we'll cross that bridge when, and if, we get there. We took a new picture of my growing belly (which is actually starting to show a little) but I figured I better edit the previous ones first to show the correct weeks (sorry about the first one, I accidentally deleted the original picture so all I could do was blur out the writing and put the correct weeks)





So there is really not that much change, although you can see it a little bit better when I'm wearing a dress instead of jeans.  I have't felt him move at all yet. Even yesterday when I could see him moving, I couldn't feel him. 

Here is a picture where you can see the belly a little bit better (I didn't bother editing it since I was making a funny face and wasn't going to use it) Although I may be sticking my belly out a tiny bit. 


Comments

  1. Congrats to you both! How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS gonna take me awhile to wrap my head around Rusty:) But I am so excited! Can't wait to spoil the poop right out of him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for boys :) Congrats you guys! I think it's sweet you are naming him after Spencer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll do great. Spencer should be able to help you with the boy thing I hope!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts