'Cause I want it that way

This sure has been a fun couple of weeks (please notice the fact that it has only been two weeks since my last post... that's right). Fiesta Days is really one of my favorite times of the year the entire town comes alive and is full of fun things to do. This year, I went to the rodeo for the first time ever! (after living in Spanish Fork for over 9 years it was bound to happen eventually). I have to be honest, if I had know it was that cool, I would have gone a long time ago. My favorite parts were the bull riding (of course) and something called Mutton Bustin' where they put 5-6 year old kids on top of sheep and have them ride them as long as they can. It was just about one the funniest things I have seen. Of course I'll never let Rusty do it, are you kidding?! those kids looked liked they could have gotten really hurt. It was both scary and hilarious at the same time. My stupid camera was out of battery so I couldn't take any pictures at all :( so the memory will just have to live inside my mind... sorry.

Monday the 23th I dragged Spencer out to watch "My Fair Lady" this year's musical (Spanish Fork does one every year for Fiesta Days). Ummmmmmm...... well..... the main people were really good, specially the lady playing Eliza, she was incredible. But that's all I'm going to say about the show. Well, I'll say one more thing. Mark went with us and he had never seen the show before so at the end when Eliza goes back to Henry and he asks her to get his slippers, he turned to me and said "You've got to be kidding me, that can't be the end. She just goes back to be his slave?!" He was very disappointed. Spencer that, if comparing the two, he likes "Taming of the Shrew" a lot better than "My Fair Lady" because he says that in TOTS he is at least training a wife as opposed to training a slave on MFL. Either way, neither show is necessary a female empowerment movement. Adam and Laura came with us but they left at intermission. What they didn't know is that the show actually got better the second half.

On the actually 24th, we met Julie and Julianna at One Man Band for breakfast (by the way, if you have never been to One Man Band you are sure missing out).



It was so freaking good! On Monday night Julie had put our chairs out right outside the restaurant so as soon as we were done eating we went out to watch the parade. It was PERFECT timing. I think that the Fiesta Days Parade is a thing that you either really like or really hate. Personally, I LOVE IT! I love seeing the local High Schools, City Royalty, and just about everyone else trying to out do each other on floats. The best part is seeing people you know (Nate was in it this year because he is the Sophomore Class President at Maple Mountain) I get really into it so there are really no pictures except for these two I took before the parade stared (by the way, the parade is kicked-off every year by some guys shooting off old-fashion musket and a cannon. Talk about your start of a good parade!)



Spencer and I met some of his band friends for scones at One Man Band later that afternoon. It is a tradition that they have been doing for a while. It was really fun to catch up with everyone one (we hadn't seen them since last year on the 24th). The best part... I got to satisfy my fries craving :). Then we went to my parent's house for dinner my dad made asado (Argentinian bbq) so FREAKING GOOD! It went perfect my mom's potato salad, I ate so much I though I was going to exploded. There were some other stuff there too but really who cares... there was steak and potato salad, what more do you want?! My family has gotten into playing UNO so Spencer joined them for a game while I ate ice cream (hey! I'm pregnant, leave me alone). They play such cheating rules... I won't get into it but it makes me SO MAD! We then went over to the Keele's house to watch America's Got Talent with Julianna and then saw the fireworks. It was a perfect day. 

In other, not so perfect, news, I have this weird thing growing on the side of my neck and face. About a month ago I got all these little white bumps on the right side of my neck. I showed my Doctor when I went in for my check up and he said that they looked like molluscous (warts) and he took some liquid nitrogen and froze some of them off but they were so many of them I could only take a little (it burned like crazy). Well, this passed week something happened, they went from the white bumps to seriously hideous red bumps and spread like a cat video on YouTube. Spencer and I took this picture yesterday, it doesn't even do it justice. 


They are all over my face, neck, shoulders, and back. I even have a couple on my chest and legs. Needless to say, I have shed a few tears over it. I look so ugly (of course my pregnancy hormones don't help). I went to a dermatologist today who straight out told me he is not sure what they are. Like my doctor he says they look like molluscous but he took a piece of my shoulder and they are sending it out to a biopsy. We will know in about ten days. Meanwhile, he did give me a cream for them, because to top it all off they are super itchy. So now there is nothing we can but wait for results. I'll tell you what, this pregnancy is turning out to be the funnest time of my life. 

Speaking of pregnancy, I am feeling a lot better. Spencer and I even went on a walk yesterday (something we used to do every Sunday but haven't in forever). I think that the best part is the joy I get from actually felling so good. It's kind of like when you have a stuffy nose and you realize that you don't ever notice your nose, but then when you feel better, you appreciate your nose so much. Of course, I still get sick but it is nothing compare to what it was before. Here is my latest bump picture


I know right? it's getting there, you can see it really good when I were a dress. It is nice to be getting out of that awkward stage and looking more pregnant as opposed to fat. Spencer and I were even able to go on a date last week (Rusty doesn't like it when we go on dates. He takes personal offence to it and makes sure every time we have something planned, I get really sick and can't go anywhere). But we were able to trick him. I had the day off work so I went to class with Spencer. His class is inside the BYU Art Museum so when toured it when class was over. It was really cool. There were so many things to see and it was nice and cool in there (a must for me to feel good). Then we went to Red Lobster. It was my first time ever going because I don't like any sort of sea food but we had a gift card. I had chicken (delicious) and he had rainbow trout (surprisingly good considering I hate fish). By far the best part were the biscuits, it is worth it to go to Red Lobster just for that. 



And now... this whole post has been leading up to this moment... the best news of all


That's right! the Backstreet Boys have just announced a new album!!!! and guess what?! Kevin Richardson is back as part of a 20 year anniversary. I CAN NOT WAIT! Of course the other 4 have been doing incredible without Kevin but it is nice to have him back. They will be singing on Good Morning America on August 13th (as an early birthday present to me). I am one happy girl :)

PS My lower back has been hurting me. I saw a pregnant lady at Church the other day with an inflatable donut. Is that the road I'm heading towards?

Comments

  1. I hope they can figure out what the bumps are. Sorry you've been having a tough time. Just gotta keep reminding ourselves that all the pain, sickness, and discomfort will be worth it in the end :) Oh and Fiesta days is one of my favs too! We have the best rodeo :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts