What's better than chocolate? A chocolate BUNNY!

HAPPY EASTER everyone!

Ever since I stared dating Spencer last year, Easter has taking a new meaning. Of course my family always celebrated it and made a big dinner; but now, my Easter is filled with egg dying, candy, and egg hunts. I LOVE IT! 

Easter Holiday stared on Saturday with egg dying at the Keele's house. Spencer and Adam had to work so it was only Julianna, Nate and me (and, of course, a messy kitchen)

It was so fun! We each got a dozen eggs and let me tell you, right around egg six my creative juices had run out. (I'll admit it, there was a lot of copying my brother-in-law at that point.)
The ones you see here are originals
Then I went home and made cup cakes for the next day. I got the idea of FoodNetwork.com although their version was a little much so I gave them my own style 
They are chocolate with cream cheese frosting. The grass is made out of coconut 
They made me feel really good. Like I was capable of making really cute things. Talk about a confidence boost. :)

Easter Sunday we got up and Spencer had hidden the eggs I had dyed the day before for me to find. It was my first egg hunt! (He took a lot of pictures but I was in my pajamas so I won't post them... Sorry). We went to church and it was absolutely pack (Missionary farewell). The pre-elder (as Spencer calls them) shared a poem in which he used used visual aids, then another sister in the ward shared a talked in which she used visual aids. Needless to say, Spencer and I felt silly for not using them when we talked a couple of months ago. Spencer played the piano for the Primary musical number, it was great. Our ward is really smart and they put the lyrics to the song the Primary sings in the back of the program (how many times have you heard the kids sing and though it was beautiful but had now idea what in the world they were saying?) Then they asked Spencer if he could come play the piano for sharing time (the usual piano player was out of town). He loved it!!!! (by the way... the Primary gets out around five minutes early, if that is not the biggest oversight in the history of the world, I don't know what it)

When we got home, it was my turn to hide the eggs so that Spencer could find them. Here is a picture of him finding the last egg. 
PS. Isn't Spencer's the tie the worst tie you have ever seen?! Oh how I wish he would let me get rid of some of his ties!
We then, proceeded to make egg salad sandwhiches and hang around the apartment untill it was time to go over to Grandma and Grandpa Swenson's house. Everyone was there! It was great because we hadn't seen them all since Kate's wedding in January. We had dinner, (there was so much food! Grandpa Swenson make the best hamburgers and hot dogs) and were able to visit with everyone for a while, until it was time for the kids to go inside so that we could hide the eggs. There were so many eggs to hide!


It was absolutely ridiculous! In the end, Adam had to go around collecting all the eggs that were still left because the kids didn't have room in their baskets for them. 
This is my darling Darcy
And her older sister Addie. I love these two so much :)

Spencer and Grandpa Swenson
EGG TOSS TIME!


Oh Yeah! Spencer and I won... our price? we got to brag about it!

Shay wasn't very happy that day :(

Then everyone settled down for a game of Wizard... It's like hearts, only a little different. 

All in all, we have a terrific time!

Today I got to go see Titanic (one of the greatest movies of all time) in 3D. It was awesome! I don't want to ruin in for you but you feel like you are actually on the ship. And (spoiler alert) the part when the door blows and all the water starts rushing through is incredible. Although I had forgotten how much breastiness there was in that movie. I can't believe that it is PG 13. Oh! and (spoiler alert) one thing that did bug me was that Rose pulls down the separating window when she pulls Jack to the back of the car, there is no way it could have gotten foggy in there. But still.... EPIC is the only way to describe it. I did, however forget how long it was and made the mistake of eating a lot of popcorn, which meant that I had to drink a lot, and really had to go to the bathroom. So I ended up missing about 3 minutes of the movie. It so LONG! but so worth it! Thanks so much for going with me Jessica :D

Here's Jessica with the poster!
Here's something funny I saw on Facebook
SO TRUE!
So my current favorite song is "Somebody that I used to know" by Gotye, here is my favorite acapella group, Pentatonix, doing a cover for it. To be honest, I even like it better than the original.

PS Favorite quote from Easter: "Hannah Montana was the biggest thing in the United States since George Washington" -Spencer Keele (He really said that, ask Adam)


Comments

  1. Looks like a fun Easter! Love how your cup cakes turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts