Ooh Baby Baby!

Just in case, for what ever reason, you did not see it on Facebook here it is again


That's right... I'm PREGNANT!

So here is the story:
I have been pretty tired for the last couple of weeks, actually, I have been SUPER tired. I would go to work, come home, and just want to go to bed. I though I might be pregnant (I don't know how to explain it, like I just kind of knew I was) So on Saturday, I had a two chocolate-chip cookies that Melissa had brought for us on the way home and, even though they were delicious, as soon as I swallowed the last bite I got so sick and nauseous. I knew it was time to make sure, so I went to the store and got pregnancy tests. Spencer was playing tennis with his friends so my plan was that if I was pregnant I would go back to the store and buy booties of something to give to Spencer when I told him. I got home, took the test, and sat down on the computer while I waited... Imagine my surprise! I didn't know what to think. So I got in the car and went to meet Spencer at the tennis courts and told him (completely forgetting I had a plan and that plain did not involve just coming out and telling him). He was really happy! Later that night, we went to Walmart and bought this mugs for our moms
So that we could tell them the next day. Originally I though it best to wait until Mother's Day but we decided against it (let's face it, neither of us are good with waiting, after all he did propose to me the same day he went and bought the ring). I did, however, take an other test just in case. I didn't want to get everyone exited and then not be pregnant.
Here is Julie opening her mug
And my mom opening hers
They both opened them and then looked up at me as they processed what they were reading. Needless to say, both families are beyond exited and happy.

I went to the doctor yesterday for the first time. It was a very long appointment and they drew a ton and a half of blood (you would think that they would like to leave some blood in my body for the actual baby). The bad news, they can't tell me how far along I am because of the irregularity of.... "times".... The doctor thinks that I may be somewhere between four and six weeks or maybe even less than that, but he is leaning towards six. Now I have to wait another four weeks (when I may or may not be ten weeks along) to have my first ultrasound when we will all know for sure. Conclusion: right now we are looking at a due date between late November, December, and early January. It's a surprise.

Meanwhile, I'm still really tired but I at least have not thrown up yet. You know when you haven't eaten in a really long time and you are nauseous because of it? That's how I fell all the time, especially right after I finish eating. But even that hasn't really been too bad.

So here I am, getting really to be a mom and freaking out a little bit. It is a really good thing I have about nine months to prepare.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts