The New Old Routine

Oh General Conference! What a spiritual makeover you bring unto all our lives. I have this thing that I try to renew and revive during conference weekend. I'll take a bath and moisturize, do my eyebrows, clean out my pores; that sort of thing. It is an attempt to feel good inside and out. This weekend was different though because it was our first General Conference married (we have had one when were dating and the other one engaged). I must take a second and make a plug for the amazement that technology is to me. What a truly amazing thing it is. Spencer and I don't have any channels on our TV so we watched the conference in bed on the lap top (don't you wish you had the excuse of not having channels). The sessions were incredible. Although we still have yet to watch the Saturday afternoon session. Nate had the closing night of the musical he was in: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream coat (he play a brother and Potiphar) Spencer and I hadn't been able to see it so we went at that time. It was an Amazing Technicolor show. One of the best plays I have seen in a while, definitely the best I have ever seen from Spanish Fork Youth Theather (Sorry Adam and Julianna if you read this... the plays you guys were in where pretty good too). When we came home, Spencer had to go to work so he also missed the Priesthood Session :(

Sunday completely made up for it though. I got up about 45 minutes before the session started to go make breakfast when Spencer caught me in the kitchen, told me he was making breakfast and pushed me back to bed. This is what he came back with half and hour later...
Oh Yeah.... Be Jealous
This is how we watched conference. The glare on the screen showed up really good in the picture but it really wasn't there in real life. 

 As soon as the morning session was over, we got dressed (Shorts and t-shirts, not that far off from the pajamas we were wearing) and went over to my parents house for lunch and to watch the final session with them. (If you for whatever here don't know how to watch the sessions you missed or how to re-watch any part of conference CLICK HERE)

We later proceeded to go to the Keele's house when Nathan said something that really sparked my interest "I spent General Conference playing with Legos". Of course I demanded that the Legos would be brought out at once so that I could play with them too. Nathan, Julianna, and I spent the next hour and a half building this
It's and Estate
We all had our jobs: I took care of the mansion. Julianna did the the yacht, pool and hot tub. Nate did the baskeball/tennis court and all the vehicles (including the speed boat). Then we all but it together, added the fountain and build the fence around it (there is no fence on the back because the estate opens up unto a private beach and the ocean)
Here's a closeup
After we were all done (and all the Legos were put away), I convinced my husband and siblings-in-law to go outside and fly kites with me.





There was a plane and a dragon. Unfortunately, neither of them flew well. Specially the dragon. Spencer tried so hard with it, but all he was....

That's right.... getting it stuck in a tree. It took up 40 minutes to get it down
The dragon didn't survive :(

On Monday (after we cleaned the apartment) we decided to go hiking... The original plan was Payson Canyon but Spencer had never been to the up to the Cross. It was cold and windy but SO FUN!
This is before the hike. Do you see the cross in the background?
"It's the Circle of Life"


This has got be my favorite picture of all time. It is for sure going up on a frame and in our apartment.
This is my castle. It is a group of light color rocks that look like a castle from  far away
The view from the castle


Spencer decided he needed a castle too (even though his is more like a fort)


Getting up to the cross is really a hard hike (well at least I thought so )
In hindsight, going on that hard hike and then to Zumba class was not the smartest idea. To say I was sore the next day is a gross exaggeration. I am just getting over it.

PS I can't wait until Easter... we are spending it over at Gandpa and Grandma Swenson's house with all the aunts, uncles, and cousins. I can't wait. We haven't all been together since Christmas

Comments

Popular Posts